Home Articles
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Isolation

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited May 2019 in Articles

imageIsolation

I lived in California , moved there when I was about 20 , I got married then found out he was a pedofile and divorced him, I then married again and did not know I had just married an alcoholic , my father passed away and left me money so I brought a house I...

Read the full story here

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    jordannajordanna Posts: 1 Just got here
    Im living in the UK and have moved away from home to a different place miles away from my family. I thought it was the right decision at the time as I wasn't happy in my job but im having serious doubts. Since January my health has plummeted. I am very lonely, emotional and even tho I have a nice partner it dosent make any difference. I would love to make friends, I love films books and the country, im very passionate and romantic but am only looking for friendship. I want a best friend, someone to tell your inner most secrets to, someone to go mad over a new movie coming out, someone to meet up for a coffee etc, if your like me then please get in touch.
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 627 Incredible Poster
    Hi @jordanna

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm sorry to hear that you moved away from home only to find that your health has gone downhill and you are experiencing loneliness. 

It's understandable that, even with a partner, you would want friends. You are always welcome to continue posting in the forums, if that helps. A good place to start might be the 'introduce yourself' forum: https://community.themix.org.uk/categories/welcome 

You can also check out MIND's page on loneliness for ideas on how to feel less lonely here: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/tips-for-everyday-living/loneliness/#.XN13DshKjIU

All the best,

Mary-Ellen@TheMix
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    JBBLJBBL Posts: 1 Just got here
    Still stuck in the wilderness..want to swap that place for one in North London's sunny suburbs?