Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited May 2019
    My suicidal thoughts have been so much less since starting this training. 

It is the most hardest and overwhelming thing I've done. But honestly like therapy as well as education 
    Learning so much and hearing so much about other people's mental health on the course too. That it is very inspiring  
    as well as just learning about mental health and the self awareness of that and a lot about identify and who we are despite mental illness which I think is great.  
    And I guess it's been something to think about and focus instead or dying 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Been paid more than usual which is good. Probably was hoilday pay
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Back to work today and so happy about it haha, looking forward to something to do 😊 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Just been with my sister to her Scan and I nearly cried the photo was so adorable the little one had its thumb in its mouth and was sucking it and even though she’s only 13+3 saw it’s little fingers and toes and everything 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    edited May 2019
    Just been with my sister to her Scan and I nearly cried the photo was so adorable the little one had its thumb in its mouth and was sucking it and even though she’s only 13+3 saw it’s little fingers and toes and everything 

This is lovely @Millie2787 really happy for you and your family <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:

This is lovely @Millie2787 really happy for you and your family <3
    I’m so happy @Aife there doesn’t seem to be any problems so fingers crossed , only 2 and abit weeks till her gender scan and I’m buzzing 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Going to bed in a good mood, I don't know what the fuck is happening to me but just going to roll with it :lol:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Really enjoying today and speaking to people. Feel less anxious 😊😊
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Shaunie said:

That's great news @Shaunie you should be proud of yourself, 
     Really happy for you girl :):)
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    Going to see my boyfriend to check on how he's doing with his exams and we both gonna go for an walk round Oxford 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    Shaunie said:
    This is great to read, very proud of you Shaunie! <3
    So I have been practising what I've learnt in training on the 7 cups website on my listener account. And trying to do everything I've learnt even tho it does feel bit like a robot when trying to make people think for themselves & be independent rather than give too much advice which am usually used to. But few actually went pretty well and trying to get used to it as much as can 
    After talking to his mum and  giving her so time to think, she is gonna accept his sexuality, we just need to move her into the factor we in an relationship and work is needed on the dad

It's not the complete best in the world but it's an start and I'm willing ti work with that, I'm so proud with him sticking with it and not hideing away in denial, 😊
    Appointment yesterday went really well, was dreading it but saw a lovely locum Dr who couldn't do enough to help. Got some more prn which will help on nights I'm struggling and she's trusting me with painkillers and anti sickness for going away so won't be in pain/spewing for my holiday! 😁😁 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Going to go to see my student support officer today about my ppe teacher as the homework she gave is stressing me out- 6 pages of research about endangered species by Thursday. Hopefully he can either speak to my teacher and get her to give me extra time or let me miss the lesson. I don't want to go to her lesson on Thursday. At least I only have 1 more lesson with her this half term and then 7 lessons after half term  (1 a week.) That is too many.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Picked up some new sensory/fidget toys today , every time I pop into town which is once every few weeks I’m going to pick one or 2 new ones up and create a box is sensory toys to help me when I need help grounding or in a Sensory overload.

My mum has finally realised that I am 13 and not 9 years old anymore. She is letting me do the 5 mile journey from the train station back home on the 27th June after a STEM event at a college about 11 miles away from me- I am going by train with some friends and teachers for the 1st 6 miles. I can finally get the independence I need. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Walking round the house singing I'm on the boat tonight... can you tell I'm happy? 😂 
    I emailed rape crisis for the third time cause they seemed to have ignored my emails before over past month so i impulsively emailed asking if they're forgotten about me lol.   They replied back straight away saying no absolutely not. Clearly did if can replied back now aha.. Anyway she said i am still on top of the list she just needs to ring me to ask how the initial assessment went. 
    Having a lovely time away, pride was amazing, now heading down to Glasgow to see my other friends 😁 
    Having a lovely time away, pride was amazing, now heading down to Glasgow to see my other friends 😁 
    That's great to hear you loved pride, Oxford pride is in 6 days, I can't honestly wait 
    davcr0ck said:
    That's great to hear you loved pride, Oxford pride is in 6 days, I can't honestly wait 
    It's actually so good, you'll love it! 
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I went on a walk for once. And it was a long one. Nothing huge, but given how I hadn't been out for weeks, you know :/
    davcr0ck said:
    It's actually so good, you'll love it! 
    Not if it's as hot as its predicted to be 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Feeling really positive about going home,  getting the last bit of college over and enjoying my summer off x

Also,  really enjoyed some chocolate milk, my belly hasn't but I have 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    I enjoyed some chocolate after some good physio and helping my mum. It is always good to treat yourself (within reason of course ;)  :p )
    Off to oxford pride today, im so excited, both me and my boyfriend are going along with an few of his friends, which would be nice to meet them 😊😊
    Well well well look what I found whilst browsing my schools website and looking at the additional resources document. Not only did I find this website but I found Kooth, Family Lives, CEOP, Childline, Papyrus, Hopeline UK, Mermaids, Young Minds, NSPCC, Beat and Headscape. 
    edited June 2019
    Yayy🙃

[edited by mod to further remove sensitive info]
    Love my new Tangle that came on Monday 😍