Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I don't deserve it, it's not fair!

sozforhappysozforhappy Deactivated Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
I've so had enough of my parents blaming my silly faults like missing what they say or forgetting house chores on my favourite stuff like music, my phone and books. its not fair and I don't want to care why they have that attitude, I don't intend to do those things, it doesn't mean I deserve for my favourite stuff to be taken away from me or blamed on even if they are right which I don't want to hear at all. I hate hate hate them for being so snarky and unfair. Likewise blaming my temperamental behaviour on my favourite TV shows when I was younger. Either they stop being so mean or lay off communicating with me altogether .I cant help that I'm still living under their roof, I'm grown up they've no right to punish me for that situation. Not to mention making me feel bad about the things I love. Making habits of those things isn't a reason to blame my favourite things either!! they're not necessarily habits if it's unintentional every time it happens. I'm really sick of being their daughter and so wish I wasnt part of the family. Even other parents don't take such attitude and harsh discipline

Comments

• Options
    Especially hate when they say about the earplugs and seeing the "I told you so" expressions on their faces when the silly clumsy mistakes happen because of them
  • Options
    chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    I'm sorry you're having problems at home, @sozforhappy <3 

It sounds like your parents often blame you for things that you have no control over.

Do you have any hobbies that could get you out of the house for a while? With summer approaching, now might be a really good time to take up an outdoor sport or activity. Even running can be quite cathartic, as well as good for your body and overall mood. You can even take your music with you and listen to it in peace. 
  • Options
    lymo227lymo227 Posts: 10 Settling in
    I disagree it sounds like things you do have control over
    if you have chores but you have difficulty sticking to a task 
    you can set aside 10 or minutes per hour to do your share of the work
    or other options
    perhaps you can write a list of things you have to do so you dont forget

how are they blaming you for your favorite things?

being selfish isnt a sustainable way of life
    we must all make comprimeses
    and learn to accept deal with and learn to properly communicate with others

what are your parents doing that other parents arent doing

• Options
    Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular

Hi @sozforhappy

It sounds like you're having a bit of a difficult time. It's hard as we get older and want our independence but we still live with our parents.

Have you thought about maybe making a time management schedule. I find these really useful!There's lots of great templates on Google.

That way you can pop in some time for you to complete your chores and also some 'downtime' where you can do all your favourite things. Maybe if you complete a schedule and then show your parents so they can see that you are putting some time in to help them around the house but you also need some time to yourself listening to music or watching TV too?

• Options
    No no no this isn't about schedule or anything. It's about them talking to me while I'm distracted by my music or book I'm reading. Thats how they blame my favourite stuff. Don't call me selfish, they're the ones harassing and annoying me and I'm the one being hurt and made to feel bad about those things I love. I don't intend to ignore them and let those things distract me habit or not hence they've no right to have that attitude. I can be as sensitive and pissed off as I like, I'm the victim
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @sozforhappy, I think @Han93 gave some good advice, just about making time to do different things- so separating chores from things you like to do.

Even when you don't live with your parents, you'll still have to do chores (and probably more chores!) so it's good to get into the habit. I absolutely hate doing chores around my house but try and reward myself with one of my favourite things as a treat after I've done them :smile:

Have you spoken to your parents about how it feels when they criticise the things you like? It sounds like it really gets you down but you can always talk to us about it here!
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Lucy307 said:
    Hey @sozforhappy, I think @Han93 gave some good advice, just about making time to do different things- so separating chores from things you like to do.

Even when you don't live with your parents, you'll still have to do chores (and probably more chores!) so it's good to get into the habit. I absolutely hate doing chores around my house but try and reward myself with one of my favourite things as a treat after I've done them :smile:

Have you spoken to your parents about how it feels when they criticise the things you like? It sounds like it really gets you down but you can always talk to us about it here!
    Yes but at least I won't have to do hem straight away and can procrastinate them without anyone's annoyance. And again this is mostly about when I accidentally ignore what they say because I'm focused on my phone, book or music. Even if I apologise they still criticise them