Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pet peeves

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,304 Part of The Furniture
We've all got them. What are yours?

For me, it's people chewing with their mouth open and cutting me off mid-sentence. Rage.
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    edited March 2019
    When people say the word “Moist “ or people grinding there teeth. 

Worse one when people finish sentances for me if I’m taking too long 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    People who stop in the supermarket to catch up with somebody in the middle of the isle, like can you not, this is why I do my food shop online. 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • dannieeedannieee Posts: 3 Newbie
    Chewing too loud!!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Mike said:

For me, it's people chewing with their mouth open

Yes. This. Fucking hate people who cham.

People who respond with "If you like" when I offer them something. It's not if I like, it's if you fucking like. My missus does this.

Also people who give change on top of notes.

Weekender Offender 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,780 Master Poster
    Private numbers or cold callers ringing me.

Cornflake drivers (drivers who didn't earn their licence- they got it from cornflake vouchers.)

Rubberneckers (people who stop and stare at car accidents- especially on the motorway.)
    When someone doesn't reply to the text I sent.

When someone is sitting in my seat in class and won't get out.

In dance club when the other girls just wanna blast afro beats and not let me use the music I need.

Doctors when they mess up your repeat prescription request  (happens to my mum, not me.)

When people cut the queues.

When the wifi is down.

When I can't find my pen or pencil.

When someone sits next to me in lessons.

Urgh loads of things

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    edited March 2019
    When people say "dont look..."

It just makes me automatically look, so there is no point saying it haha   

Edit - just realised that is probably a pet peeve in it self hhaha (looking when say not to)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Bit of an strange one, but going to supermarket and the shelfs are not organised and empty boxes on shelfs,

People taking the idea from the back of the shelf when theirs some on the front
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    edited September 2023
    Have a lot just thinking about when im working in retail

- other people who do not say thank you when i either hold the door for them or i let them go first. 

- customers who accidently drop something on the floor and not bother picking it back up!!!  

- customers who are right next to me at folding tables and make no effort to get the clothes nicely. Like i am right there. Be as messy as you like but as long as im not looking lol cause stressful

Post edited by JustV on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,304 Part of The Furniture
    edited April 2019
    People who walk really slowly in front of you and your just like ughhhhhh hurry up 
    The next level of this is when someone overtakes you and THEN walks really slowly. WHY.

I went to a gig a few weeks ago and it reminded me how much I cannot stand people videoing it. It obscures the view for people behind them and it feels disrespectful to the performer. Also, the logic of "I'd like to watch this, but smaller, in worse quality, and in my own time." Take some pictures, maybe a short clip, then just enjoy it. God damn.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Mike said:
    People who walk really slowly in front of you and your just like ughhhhhh hurry up 
    The next level of this is when someone overtakes you and THEN walks really slowly. WHY.

I went to a gig a few weeks ago and it reminded me how much I cannot stand people videoing it. It obscures the view for people behind them and it feels disrespectful to the performer. Also, the logic of "I'd like to watch this, but smaller, in worse quality, and in my own time." Take some pictures, maybe a short clip, then just enjoy it. God damn.
    OMG @mike those people I just want to start a fight with , even worse people who sit next to you but keep pushing into you it’s like GO AWAY ! 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    edited May 2019
    When someone keeps trying way too hard to be funny. Dunno if that counts. But always that one person loL
    The word "Meh" omg it makes me cringe so much. Idek how i was able to write it. Lol idek why
  • Evelyn360Evelyn360 Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    People who dont say please and thank you and just general lack of manners.

Also when I see people getting really aggressive to staff anywhere when it's not their fault. We're all just cogs in a machine, they dont make the rules or the prices, they're just trying to earn a living like everyone else. 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    People who walk out a shop and just stand in the door way, is it that hard to move to the side???
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    People who are always late to everything, no matter how much warning you give them in advance that they need to be there for a specific time
    When people kick bags instead of asking people to move them.

When you have to repeat yourself 20,000 times before you are heard.

People not knowing what a queue is.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Aidan said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    People not knowing what a queue is.
    Yes, this! Been nowhere in my life worse for queuing then when I'm travelling to my partners and I have to change at Bristol bus station.
    Sounds really annoying. 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Dog walkers who don't pick up their dog's shit
    When there is a multi bag of crisps and it is empty.