Home Help Desk Bugs and other issues
Fill out our Discussion Boards user survey for a chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!

I get notifications for threads that aren't bookmarked

AidanAidan Clever idiotPosts: 2,507 Boards Champion
Hi,

So I think when you reply to a thread, it bookmarks it automatically, but even when I've un-bookmarked them afterwards because I don't want notifications for it, I still get notifications. Is this supposed to happen?

An example of this for me is ranty thread and I need a hug thread, which I get notifications for but don't have bookmarked.

Thanks!
Aidan
"Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m ✨dead✨ England 🏠Posts: 11,073 An Original Mixlorian
    edited April 2019
    Maybe already tried. But Look on your notifaction prefences and see if "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in." is on a tick with the "pop up" if is -untick it. If not Otherwise yeah i don’t know ah sorry
    𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐒𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 💕💕
    Aidan
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,507 Boards Champion
    Yes of course I think it might be this, thanks @Shaunie
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              
  • The MixThe Mix The Mix HQPosts: 2,571 Staff Team
    Thank you for your help @Shaunie!

I hope it's all working for you now @Aidan :) 

- Aife
    We're @Mike, @Connor, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.