Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hello!

SauterelleSauterelle Deactivated Posts: 13 Settling in
I have nightmares caused by family arguments and domestic violence mum's previous marriage. I get anxiety so bad it affects my eating. I recently had a heart operation to get well again. I'm related to a former member here: Belle, but she is seriously ill with autoimmune disease. She told me to join The Mix because it's a very safe site. I need safe!

I'd like to teach or become a writer. Books are a special world to me.

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Welcome to the mix! 

Check out the forums and if you want to make any threads on them go ahead 😊

We also have live chats run from Sunday to Thursday for both general convo and support x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SauterelleSauterelle Deactivated Posts: 13 Settling in
    Laine said:
    Welcome to the mix! 

Check out the forums and if you want to make any threads on them go ahead 😊

We also have live chats run from Sunday to Thursday for both general convo and support x

Thanks Laine, but the forum looks complicated so it may take me a while to find my way around! The Mix looks amazing though. :)

Can you or someone find me advice on PTSD, please? I think this is what I've got.
    Aidan said:
    Hey and welcome!

I hope you find the support you need here, I'm very sorry to hear about what you're going through.

Take care <3
    Aidan
    Thanks Aiden. :)
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Sauterelle, welcome <3

Really sorry to hear about what you're going through. We're here for you, and you're most welcome to chat to us about stuff whenever :)

Great to have you x
    Aidan said:
    Hey Sauterelle,

Sorry you think you have PTSD, here's what the NHS website says on it:
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/

Take Care
    Aidan
    Ahh thank you for that link. I'll bookmark it! :)

Hey @Sauterelle, welcome <3

Really sorry to hear about what you're going through. We're here for you, and you're most welcome to chat to us about stuff whenever :)

Great to have you x
    Thanks Kathleen0172 for your lovely welcome. I'd like to use the site's chat, so that will be my next challenge. :3

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hi welcome. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.