Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What public transport do you prefer?

davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What form of public transport do you like the most?

For me it trains and underground

(I'm just an bit bored) 
Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 

What public transport do you prefer? 12 votes

Train
50%
Skive*BananaMonkey*JustVMaisyTheAprilFooldavcr0ck 6 votes
Bus/coach
41%
Aifeindependent_Past UserLaineMsBingo 5 votes
Taxi
0%
Tram
8%
Kathleen07 1 vote
Underground/overground
0%
Other
0%
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    edited April 2019
    Tram
    Lol ohhh, this is a tough one :p I went with tram just because it was really cool, the few times I've been on one. But coaches and buses are also awesome, and so are trains - so it was hard to pick.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Train
    Bus wankers
    Weekender Offender 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Bus/coach
    Definitely bus/coach.

Coach travel is affordable for me and has some perks!

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    Train
    I would have but buses as this is the one that I use the most but recently I've gone on some train journeys and they've been really nice
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 611 Incredible Poster
    edited April 2019
    Train
    Train. I find there is more space on a train and just overall a nicer experience. Also, I find the view to be quite scenic compared to when I'm travelling on a bus. Then again, I've not tried other modes of transport :p 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • MsBingoMsBingo Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    edited April 2019
    Bus/coach
    I prefer trains because they're so much faster but voted busses because where i'm from there is not a train station near me, so i'm stuck with the unreliable bus service which is awful at peak times  :'(

However, when I was younger I used to be so scared of them for things like if I was to fall in front of one if the wind blew, getting stuck with someone scary in a carriage, or not knowing what stop would be mine and ending up in a different city. I've conquered my fear now though B)

• davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Train
    MsBingo said:
    I prefer trains because they're so much faster but voted busses because where i'm from there is not a train station near me, so i'm stuck with the unreliable bus service which is awful at peak times  
    Omg, same I live with an bus service that hasn't been less than 30 minutes late and my nearest train station is 5 miles away 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • SauterelleSauterelle Deactivated Posts: 13 Settling in
    I voted for bus/coach only because it's nearest to me. But I prefer the train or Tube train because it's much faster!
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Bus/coach
    Love this thread!

It depends where I am. I prefer getting the bus in London short distances. Usually I get the underground so it's nice to change it up when I can and see outside! But then I prefer getting the train if I'm going long distances because I hate traffic! 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Train
    Train for me, I live in a small town, and sometimes I will get the bus but most times I walk to places I need to go, I walk to and from work, but if I am going out of the town, I will get a train to places I am going. :)
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "