Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Long term health stuff

Hi guys this is my first one of these so here goes it i geuss
, basically ive been feeling really down recently because of my migraines- they are terrible i get them all the time and i cant think or talk or anything when they get bad. This makes me really anxious as im worried about these really important exams coming up and migraines make it impossible to prepare for it, im also worried that i will get one during the exam and it will make me fail. Ive had this headaches since i was little but whenever i try and talk about some type of medical solution i get told that i just have to deal with it and theres nothing i can do. I feel stupid talking about it because people have much bigger problems than me but the pain is unbelievable and i get worried about whats causing it. Idk, idk what to do it just has me feeling down and stressed. I also cant sleep with them wich is driving me insane im tired all the time.

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey @idk1234, and welcome bud <3

I'm really sorry to hear this. There's no need to feel stupid at all talking about it. It sounds distressing and difficult to live with:(

whenever i try and talk about some type of medical solution i get told that i just have to deal with it and theres nothing i can do.
    I just wanted to ask if that means you've seen a doctor about this? In case you haven't, I would've thought there's got to be some kind of treatment, like medicine or something.

Is there anything you've tried that helps to relieve the pain? I've heard that peppermint oil can help, also yoga.

I'm glad you've joined, and we're here to support you through this. Keep strong <3
  • idk1234idk1234 Posts: 3 Newbie
    @Aidan Hi thanks for the links :) and the advice on revision i' ll be sure to try that out, I've been taking nsaids like neurofen, paracetamol etc (these dont do much) and was recomended beta blockers by my neurologist but i heard these affect your mood so i dont want to go down that route. @Kathleen0172 thank you aswell, I want to get another appointment with her but would need to get another gp referral but my mum has told me she wont come with me to this so im worried my gp wont really feel inclined to do anything ( last time he went on how its normal to do with periods etc but they are Not corresponding with my cycle) i think ill try and reason with my mum though. Thankyou guys for you support, it has really helped me think all this through💕
  • idk1234idk1234 Posts: 3 Newbie
    @Aidan, thankyou so much for your help, i had a talk with my mum about diet and i am going to trial three weeks with taking certain supplements and avoiding certain foods, if this doesnt work she has agreed to take my back to the gp to try and find the cause of the problem and sort out a treatment plan.

Talking with you has been really useful-thankyou for taking time out of your day to help me :)