Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fun Joy of chats

AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Anyone else seen this before? Happened to me last night and is still not allowing me to access chats on my phone tonight. It's annoying as I tend to use my phone for chats when I'm to lazy to get my laptop like we all do. 

Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @Abigail this doesn't look good! Are you still experiencing this issue today?

Could you let me know what mobile phone you're using and the web-browser your trying to access chat from? We'll report this to the Chatwee team. Thank you for the screenshot too, this is very helpful!

Aife & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey aife. 

Yeah looks a bit weird. Some how (I think mike) its started working again. Honestly its was weird as it wasnt working last night although I did joke to Mike that you banned my phone IP from chat 😂😂. I promise I've not touched chrome not reinstalled it or anything. 

Samsung s9 and chrome. 

Speak soon
    Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    edited April 2019
    Hey Abi,

That's good to hear it's working again today (I promise it I didn't ban you or break it...again 😂). If it does happen again, let me know. Also, these screenshots of the error number are very helpful when reporting to Chatwee! 

Speak soon :) 

Aife

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    edited April 2019
    Aife you 100% sure you didnt ban me for any reason? You sure it wasnt so I could annoy Alice?
    The same message came up on the same device. 
    Post edited by Abigail on
    Hey @Abigail

Thanks for letting me know. I'll pass this onto our tech team and keep you updated. :) 

- Aife

Hey @Abigail

I've had a quick chat with our tech team and you might be getting this error because of the link you're using. Although it links to the chatroom it's not an official link so this one might work for you next time. Would you be able to try this again when chats are back running again next week? 

- Aife

Hey Aife. 

I will take a look what version I am using when the bug clears. I am pretty sure it's the V2 one as I have been using especially after Mike told me off for using the very old version of chat. I will double check when the issue clears in a few days but I think I normally use V2 as I have it programmed on my phone and laptop that it's a widget/shortcut on the phone. 

Speak soon
    Abi
    Thank you @Abigail let us know how you get on :) 

- Aife

Hey, Still nothing I am checking it each day to see if it works but so far its unsuccessful. If it hasn't started working by Sunday I'll go to plan B which isn't going to be fun for me as it involves uninstalling chrome for the 5 time in a year so I hope it doesn't come to that. 

Speak soon
    Abi
    edited April 2019
    Let's see how this long this lasts. Chat has started working on the phone after I cleared my history as I need it for tomorrow as I might be in the hospital. 

Update: So I've taken a look at all the widgets I have set up for chat I had one which i think was the old chat but I didn't use that either of the nights the incident happened on. (Obvs I did remove them from my phone). So now I will wait and see if V2 new widget I have on my phone works. This has baffled my head so much more than that bloody contracts essay which @Italia luckily helped me without releasing it. (Thanks for that case on kelly and beyonce)
    Post edited by Abigail on
    edited April 2019
    My chat was playing up on my phone its frozen on the screen with the chat options.  sorry 

Edit this is what I'm frozen on 

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Ahhhh This is what mine used to do ages ago and I don’t think They ever got to the bottom of it I used to have to keep clearing my Internet history or go as guest and change my name @Abigail
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    edited April 2019
    Hey @Abigail thanks for sending through this screenshot. Let us know how you get on trying @Millie2787's tips tonight. Hopefully it works! If not, we will flag this to Chatwee to try and fix :) 

- Aife

I'm hating this 2 weeks time it will break again I know it. Chrome is getting so annoying!! Its working now unsure how it will stand with chat, I'm not @Aife am I allowed to freak imogen out as a guest? 
    edited April 2019
    Hey @Abigail that's good it's working again, let's hope it stays this way! :) 

You're more than welcome to come along to chat a a guest..Hope it goes well! 

- Aife