Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    New clothes came today and I can't tell you how happy I am that I finally own this top :lol:   <3

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I officially Passed had GCSE English 🥳

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    edited March 2019
    I officially Passed had GCSE English 🥳

Congratulations.  That is what you absolutely deserve.
    Post edited by TheMix on
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Nothing exciting here - only that my mom's neighbour has met Chester Charles Bennington!!!!!! :D Seriously not joking!! My mom seems to be about to befriend or even date a guy who's met my role model. I'm going to have a heart attack lol. AAAAHHHHH.

I'm sorry just hyped. :joy:
    Lol my friend is so caring and funny. Let me just share part of our recent conversation. Try not to laugh. No referring us for mental health checks. 😂😉

Friend: Are you ok?

Me: Not really. Elbow still hurts. I know what you'll say. So let me say it for you. GET THE HELL TO HOSPITAL MOO MOO. There you go

Friend: COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF

Me: Lol

Friend: Now get yo butt to da hospital 

Me: How do I ask my mum to take me without scaring her though? I can't trust my dad to drive without killing me. His driving is awful. I could ring my sister.

Friend: Just tell her your elbow got worse. Ok~?

Me: She doesn't know I hurt it at all though.

Friend: Just tell her or you could end up hurting yourself more.

Me: Ok. If I forget I'll definitely tell her tomorrow. I promise.

Friend: Ok.

Me: I once left a broken toe for the whole weekend. So I'm sure an injured elbow can last a few more hours.

Friend: 😳 HOW

Me: We were waiting to see how bad the swelling was before making the decision of whether to go to urgent care.

Friend: AND NO GO TO YOUT MUM AND TELL HER YOUNG MISSY OR I WIL CHASE YOU WITH MY CHANCLA. A.k.a shoe.

Me: Ahhh heck. Lol. Ok ok. 

Friend: 😊thank you

Don't worry about the threat. My friend was only joking. And it is true that I left a broken toe all weekend. But don't worry because it is fully healed now. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Feel bit better now. Swear is cause have my hair up(normally have it down most times) and feels freer lol and maybe cause is different. And probs helped have got really lovely messages from friend had been ignoring
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited April 2019
    It feels so nice to just put your head out of a window at this time(late ish). It feels so still and freash and get all the nice freash air without putting whole body out there to feel the cold. And is dark and no one out. And i think the air is actually different when not durning the day - because less car and polution (tho im not too sure could of just made that up) the air does feel different. And in the early morning and quite nice. Makes me more mindful. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Aw my friend is so cute. She sent me a facebook post that she made all the way in 2014 about our friendship lol. And she is pregrant  so thats exciting tho is quite early. 
    My tutor has actually  been helpful for once in the whole time I’ve been college and is sorting out a lift pass but in the mean time is allowing me to use it without it 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Glad to hear that @Millie2787
    I just take ours when nobody is looking which really isn't a good thing to do but it works so far 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Laine said:
    Glad to hear that @Millie2787
    I just take ours when nobody is looking which really isn't a good thing to do but it works so far 😂
    @laine hahaha my sister was given one for a term when she was there and used it the whole 2 years she was there 😂😂
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I’m so excited to be a nurse!!!!! Can’t calm down!!!!!!’ 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Omgggg im sooo excited to hopefully end up becoming a peer support worker and uses ny experience of mental health to help others as a job!!!!!!!!

its made me want to focus a lot on getting myself better too lol. 
    Finally getting a hopefully some what decent break staying with my sister tonight and maybe tomorrow night 
    @Millie2787 I am so happy to hear that. You absolutely deserve a break. Is anyone looking after your mum and brother whilst you have a break? So happy for you. ❤
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    The mighty are going to publish my story!  =)  =)  =)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Going out to get lunch stuff for my lunches when i start training monday. Hoping it dont rain on me ah
    Shaunie said:
    Need help lol. Been sitting in bed with a plain white screen since this morning. Finding so hard to get concentration

(From ranty thread.)

ive managed to start it. And since starting its getting easier. Im on my own personal break atm lol

My sisters tone of voice changed. 

She said she is really happy for me and am doing really good. and that if I want to take weekends off I should because it's best opportunity to do my best for my assessments. V cute she even said she can help with my assissgnents if need. Lol
    I am taking Dave (my little stuffed emotional support cow!) for a day out. Do you think the teachers will laugh at me or find it sweet? 
    Dave enjoyed his first ever taxi ride. 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Yes Dave enjoy your ride!  

I hope you have a good day Kasa 😊 I always take a mascot out with me each day so don't worry about any opinions, I think they'll find it sweet but if they don't ignore them,  they just don't see Dave's true beauty ;) 😂 X

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Thanks. The staff found him cute. Especially the nurse who did my injection, the teacher who had to pin me down (sort of- oops,) my geography teacher, the counsellor I saw and my music teacher. I also have some more photos. Dave enjoyed the taxi ride, school and the bus ride home. He even helped me during the injection. He has also starred in a YouTube video today. 
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I actually got a fairly good amount of sleep. Lol. Hopefully that can happen again tonight.
  • SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit Posts: 86 Budding Regular
    It's been a while but during my time away from here I've completed therapy. I feel like I'm in a good place right now
    I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent
    Done half of an assignment 
    1. I found such a cute letter that I wrote to my friend when I was 5 years old.

2. My friends mum finally managed to find chocolate angel delight in the shops and we are making it tomorrow when I see my friends. As it is so rare let me share a photo of the rarity.
    It's one already. Glad today is feeling faster than the rest