Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekly challenge #91

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Mindfulness Brings Hope logo full size - Mindfulness meditation

Hey everyone,

This week we're doing a mindfulness challenge. Mindfulness is being aware of ourselves and the world around us. Our mental well-being can improve if we spend time paying attention to the present moment, the world around us and our own thoughts and feelings. It's easy to rush through life without stopping, so for this challenge let's take some time to stop and be present. 

I've come up with some mindfulness activities you can do each day this week. Comment below which one you did and if there's any other mindfulness activities you do this week, let us know so we can try them too.

Day 1 (Monday) - acknowledge everything that surrounds you and comment below three things you can see.
Day 2 (Tuesday) - write down five things you're grateful for.
Day 3 (Wednesday) - do something active today such as going on a five minute walk. Whatever you decide to do, spend some time focusing on your surroundings.
Day 4 (Thursday) - try a mindfulness meditation video on YouTube or download an mindfulness app.
Day 5 (Friday) - sit in silence for five minutes and comment below everything you can hear. 
Day 6 (Saturday) - find a quiet spot where you can sit comfortably. Either with your eyes open or closed, spend at least five minutes focusing on your breathing. 
Day 7 (Sunday) - write down something you're proud of this week. Celebrate your success all day!

I hope you enjoy taking part in this challenge.

If you have any ideas of things we can do for the next weekly challenge, head over to this thread to share them. Remember to vote on next week's challenge ideas :) 

Aife & the team
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Weekly challenge #91 4 votes

Alphabet photo challenge
100% 4 votes
Compliment challenge
0% 0 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Day 1- Flowers, a Gurdwara and cows (because I'm watching cow videos.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    My colleagues, the sea out the window, and an exercise bike 😂😂 (seriously though who takes an exercise bike to a hotel with them 🙄) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    The artwork for the carnival , the trees and the river at the back of work 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Or my The Mix polystyrene egg I made, sharpies and pillow
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Tuesday-

1. Everything and everyone at The Mix.
    2. My friends mum.
    3. My "sister" (best friend who is like a sister but sadly isn't.)
    4. Asda selling TV's so my friends boyfriend would stop swearing.
    5. My mum
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Aife said
    Day 3 (Wednesday) - do something active today such as going on a five minute walk. Whatever you decide to do, spend some time focusing on your surroundings.
    I actually do this quite a bit. Esp on my walks with Teddy & did this today. Just being mindful of details of things that you may not notic otherwise is relaxing.  I also do it on my bus rides but everything moves so fast lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Something i'm proud of this week... I'm proud I was honest with my manager about my mental health and that I was struggling. Normally I bottle it up to the point I end up in hospital but this time I was honest about it. Just hoping they don't think im weak or something for having to go home.... 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''