Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Quote a day thread ♥️

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru

Saw this on Instagram <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Saw this on Twitter ❤️

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I love this one from Winnie the pooh. Important to remember when grieving. <3

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    The same light you see in others is shining within you too <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Not much of a quote but this was in the inside of my mums birthday card I brought for her today 💜 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    These are from some of the users on here so tagging them to give credit.

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤- @Aife

I put a bullet where I shouda a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better"- @BubblesGoesBoo

You have a purpose.- @Millie2787

"And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you " "So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honesty what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "- @*BananaMonkey*

Never quit if you stumble, get back up. What happened yesterday no longer matters. Today's another day. So get back on track and move closer to your dreams and goals. You can do it! - Aman in chat

Do not confuse my bad days as a sign of weakness. They are actually the days I am fighting hardest You are strong, beautiful and brave. You will get through this.- Aman in chat
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

@Aife Love that. I definitely need that in my mind right now.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me

So important but made me giggle at the same time 
    Hehe Definitely one that cheered my sleep deprived brain up.

• tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular

Lots of text image stuffs

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Image result for this letter is to you The you thats had a rough week

Stole from my sister in law ❤️

Image result for just a reminder in case your mind.
    Not sure if it is really a quote but I saw that whilst listening to a great song I have known since I was 8.
    edited May 2019

Your eyes are the window into the soul.
    Cute lil picture too!

Meryl Streep is a babe  (from my singing teacher.)
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family

A bit of food for thought. It's a quote which stuck out like a saw thumb to me while I climb out the whole I've made. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    edited May 2019
    As Mental health awareness week draws to a close I just want to share this quote 'It's the friends we meet along the way that help us appreciate the journey' I've met some incredible people through mental health, and that includes all of you lot. so thank you, for being there during my good times and bad, you've all had an impact and helped shape me as a person :)  now I wish none of you's were struggling, but I know with the help and support of each other, and other people in our lives we will beat our demons <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    I first heard about this quote when I was daydreaming in a maths lesson a few weeks ago. I saw this poster on the wall and I have loved it ever since. Everyone can learn from this inspirational quote.
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    "It's not always about being good it's understand why you're being good in the first place." - from a comedian/musician I'm a big fan of called Reggie Watts. :sweat_smile:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    .Image may contain text that says Even now as broken as you may feel you are still so strong Theres S something to be said for how you hold yourself together and keep moving even though you feel like shattering Dont stop This is your healing It doesnt have to be pretty or graceful You just have to keep going maxwell Dawuoh
    You've got the music in you. Don't let go. You've got the music in you. One dance left. This world is gonna pull through. Don't give up. You've got a reason to live. Can't forget you only get what you give. Don't let go, fly high- Sainsburys Christmas Advert 2018. I know it is May but there is no law about not watching it.