Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Last Night i wrote a email to my Local MP About the inconsistencies of services for young cares across the UK and how it needs to be made compulsory that all staff who work with young people and adults 25& under weather that be face to face or digitally need to have training on who we are, the challenges we face and how to support us and made a petition on it !
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Last Night i wrote a email to my Local MP About the inconsistencies of services for young cares across the UK and how it needs to be made compulsory that all staff who work with young people and adults 25& under weather that be face to face or digitally need to have training on who we are, the challenges we face and how to support us and made a petition on it !
    Managed to also get like 5 signatures from friends today on the petition, even if it’s a total flop I can still say I made a petition about somthing I’m passionate about and X amount of people agreed with me ! 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Thats amazing Aimee well done! hope you get plenty of signatures!

advertise around young carer groups and college :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I got out of bed and done my hair and makeup and about to get dressed. I have no plans today so would normally just stay in bed, but trying to distract myself today :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2019
    Omggg ive put my shelves up!!!! 😀and i didnt crack the wall or burst a pipe or go into cable lol. Was scared the walls was gunna leak or something cause no idea bout this stuff. Though it took forever because i brought a £10 drill lol. Much hard than it looks ahah. Keep re arranging what to put on them lol

My room is looking much difference (im trying to redecorate in the cheapest way i can lol) and my bed frame comes tuesday or wednesday so gunna have fun making that. 🙃Then going to do a before & after pic or my room
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Your shelves look great @Shaunie! Love how you've decorated them it looks so nice! :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I thought I'd have a go at learning the guitar - think I've already managed to learn 7 chords (A, A minor, E, E minor, D, D minor, C) in under 2 hours :D
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I thought I'd have a go at learning the guitar - think I've already managed to learn 7 chords (A, A minor, E, E minor, D, D minor, C) in under 2 hours :D
    thats cool, I've always wanted to learn to play an instrument, well done you :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    I went for a walk. Also have learned three more guitar chords I think (C minor, G, G minor), although they're hard so I won't say I've learned to play them yet... Haha.
    Managed to get myself out of the house on my own terms ( college mum forces me out ) to go to Young Carers 
    Managed to ( with abit of help ) bring myself out of the flashbacks and begin to calmer down quicker that the others tonight ❤️
    Had breakfast this morning. 
    Thought would help me feel more energetic for my 50 min walk to work but not really. Lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited February 2019
    ( sounds disgusting I know but I have been washing it with water just not using shampoo )
    But most of you know how much I hate myself over the last three weeks we’ll  today I felt like I loved myself enough to wash my hair with shampoo 
    edited February 2019
    Not today. But weekend i went to work - im still alive 
    Have done a lot of paper work and writing today. Which i hardly ever need to write anything. But done all the evulation sheets for group therapy.(sounds like it wouldnt be a lot but was loads of paper about how i feel and all about their different parts of service)

And i also have start filling out "how does your disablity affect you" form
  • littlegemzlittlegemz Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
    I spoke to samaritens and got loads of stuff off my chest about all the stuff going on in my life that's causing me stress 
    I managed to leave the house and socialize without diazepam 💃💃 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Manage to have a pancake 
    I'm proud for all you guys, hugs xo
    Went to mental healt awareness corse. 
    Could feel myself having heart papluations a lot from anxiety but wasnt that bad
    Made it to London without having a panic attack, roll on the awards! 😁 
    Actually doing this thing where I reach out before doing something destructive ✌ told my friend I was struggling and she came and picked me up in my Jammie's cause I couldn't face getting dressed and we went for a long drive and chat 👌she then came in and helped me get a load of washing on and change my bedding/tidy up a bit. What did I do to deserve such a great friend? Honestly feel so much better now, and more relaxed now some of the housework is out the way.

edited March 2019

Did my Sisters hair. 
    Think it looks pretty cool 🙃

I made this "mindfullness jar" in my mental health awareness course. Not like it was hard to make lol but i am still proud of it hah. Going to put it in my self sooth/distraction box

(It looks better in real life and im on a bus so cant really get good picture lol)

I’ve been on 6 tubes so far this weekend 😂
    I got sent home from work again cause I was too unstable.. BUT I managed to get myself together and go back in for the rest of my shift  :)
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    I went over 4 ice skating dances (foxtrot, rythym blues, canasta tango and Dutch waltz.) I also even did a teapot (another ice skating thing) without any help or sliding around the ice on my bum. :)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    This is all so great folks!  Loving the mindfulness jar @Shaunie it's gorgeous! I made a blue one like the ocean a while back need to make another :)

That's Positive to hear @BubblesGoesBoo it's just taking it one step at a time X

That sounds amazing @Kasa2103 !
    I tried rollerskating once, couldn't even get on the dance floor without falling Haha so that is absolutely awesome :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Done a lot of travelling and had to fight a lot of anxiety. My hands and wrist is clear no brackets or bands nothing on my hands either so I got my reward. Anyone who has been in GC with me knows I always talk about how nice these are. It's good to be home for the day. Kick back on the train ride home and read my book again. Yes I am still reading the Lauren Graham book. 
    *spoiler contains food*
    Meat and potato pasties. 

Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    I came home from work cause of poor mental health 🙋 not really something to be proud of but today was a breakthrough as I never admit to people about my mental health until it's too late and I end up in hospital, but today I actually admitted to myself and my manager that I wasn't coping before doing anything destructive and before hospital is needed 🙌  came home and focused on myself and feeling a bit better now, not going back into work though as I don't want to push myself too hard 👌 who cares if I lose my bonus? My health is more important than money (even if that money does pay for a trip to Aberdeen 🙄)  <3