Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Problems viewing threads on the boards

JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Sometimes when I go to view a thread on my phone it comes up with a message saying I dont have permission (i think thats it) and wont let me see anything.... then if i go back and refresh the page and click on the same one it lets me see it? Not sure why this is happening but will take a screenshot to show you next time. JUst wanted to make you aware
The sun will rise and we will try again 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited April 2019
    Ahhh Mines does That Too @Jellyelephant ! Never reallu though anything off it - does yours do this ? 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Yes!! thats what i am talking about millie thank u x
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I think this sometimes happens with me too. Or when I try to click the reactions on posts. Weird lol. Doesn't bother me though so I never thought of it until you mentioned just now.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Thanks for flagging this @Jellyelephant @kathleen0172 @Millie2787. :)

I think this was a bug we identified back when we launched the new boards, but we thought it had been fixed. Has this been happening for you all since then, or is it a recent thing?

Also, it would be useful to know the device and browser (and browser version if possible) you're using, just to help us replicate the issue. :)

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    @The Mix yeah it happens every day for me, I had it earlier today even. Only seems to happen on my phone tho not when I’m on my laptop. 

I have an iPhone X and use safari. I don’t know how to tell what the browser version is but if you tell me how then I can let you know :) 
    I don’t Think it used to happen tho I think it’s a recent thing
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    @The Mix I can't be of any help for question one 'cause I'm assuming you launched the new boards before I joined. For question two, my phone's an alcatel pixi 3 and I don't know the browser - but I think it's sometimes happened on my laptop, which is a samsung (don't know anymore detail), and the browser is firefox. :) Sorry, the others will be more useful ahah.
    @The Mix it happened for bit when I first joined ( August maybe ???) but stopped for awhile and then it’s been doing it again recently. Mines a IPhone 7 and I’ll use safari but same as Jelly I haven’t a clue what version it is , I can probs tell you the IOS version my phone is on if that’s any help 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Scratch that - its just happened on my laptop lol 

I have an acer laptop and am using chrome 
    Scratch that - its just happened on my laptop lol 

I have an acer laptop and am using chrome 
    Ahhhh it’s done it on mine aswell - I’m the same as Jelly it’s acer with chrome