Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
I have recently found out in a newspaper I read that The Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award is now open. This competition is only open to 11-17 year olds though. Sorry 18+ year olds. If you are 11-17 years old and want to show off your poetry writing, what are you waiting for? Find out more at foyleyoungpoets.org. The closing date for entries is 31st July 2019. Good luck to everyone who is entering. 
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    If you enter, whatever you do the poems stay as an entry and an entry only. THE POEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN ANTHOLOGIES, MAGAZINES, SOLO COLLECTIONS, SCHOOL PRINTS, ONLINE INCLUDING BLOGS AND ONLINE MAGAZINES, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TV OR RADIO. Sorry for the all caps but confidentiality is really important. The poems can be shared on WhatsApp though as long as you tell the person that the poem must stay between you two or the group. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Thanks for sharing this @Kasa2103. This sounds really exciting! Best of luck if you've entered :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Aife said:
    Thanks for sharing this @Kasa2103. This sounds really exciting! Best of luck if you've entered :) 

You're welcome Aife. And thanks for the luck. Entrants can live anywhere in the world as long as the top 100 can get to the awards cermony in October. I forgot where the awards cermony is.