Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anyone else hate PE?

SubrooSubroo Posts: 11 Settling in
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Any advice on how to get out of it? 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SubrooSubroo Posts: 11 Settling in
    I mean a decent excuse. Tried the forgetting kit excuse, but it didn't go well 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited April 2019
    I used to fake a note from my parents and write that ive hurt my leg or that im unwell so cant take part. Though you cant use that for long & i think is illegal to fake someone signature. But my parents said i could lol. Could ask your parents to write it for you?

Though my PE teacher hated me for finding ways of getting out of pe lessons but yeah they used to make us go out in the freezing cold even when was snowing. And in the end i used to get too many detentions for it and realised it was probably easier if i just did the PE aha

how comes you hate PE?

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Its just horrible.  I don't find it fun.  I didn't have my kit last week and she made me do it in my pants as its the 3rd time I didn't have my kit!  Its just evil
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited April 2019
    Subroo said:
    Its just horrible.  I don't find it fun.  I didn't have my kit last week and she made me do it in my pants as its the 3rd time I didn't have my kit!  Its just evil
    Um think would not be right if did if in your pants. Dk probs complain. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Subroo said:
    Um think would not be right if did if in your pants. Dk probs complain. 
    How would I go about complaining? They will just say its my fault for not having my kit 
  • MsBingoMsBingo Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    I absolutely hated PE too, the teachers were horrible and I did not like people in the class. Not a great way to encourage young people to get in to sport!

I never tried to get out of it though. Instead a found other people in my class that hated it too and we all sulked about it together.

What you said about the teacher making you do it in your pants is awful. Its wrong that someone, especially a professional, has done that to you. Its professional incompetence in my opinion and I think you have the right to complain. Fair enough that you should get punished if you forget your kit, but maybe by detention or something. Forcing you to be exposed is not a suitable punishment and is counter productive if you are forgetting your kit because you hate PE.

This must have been really difficult but i'm glad you have felt able to share what happened. I hope you're feeling ok <3
    MsBingo said:
    This must have been really difficult but i'm glad you have felt able to share what happened. I hope you're feeling ok <3
    I'm ok.  I've broken up for Easter now anyway!  I just thought it was out of order having to do the PE lesson in just my bra and knickers!
  • Invisible_meInvisible_me Posts: 138 The Mix Convert

Hi there,

I've read through the posts. You doing PE in your Garments is completely unacceptable!- There's no 2 ways about that. Have you told your parents about this?

I understand you don't like PE- Not many people do, but is important. I hated PE as well, caused me much misery etc... and honestly 3 years went by crying everytime I had PE then in the end I mustered the courage to talk to my head of year- and one the best decisions I ever made.  Think why you don't like it, then talk to someone?

I think to be fair after that incident, its completely understandale you don't like it- Your going to feel exposed and so much anxiety after that. Choose a nice teacher and tell them- tell your parents etc...

Take care,

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I hated PE. I just went and spent the lessons in my English teachers room with her instead as she didn’t have a class when I had PE. 

Anyway, it is completely inappropriate for a teacher to make you do it in your underwear. They need to be reported 
    The sun will rise and we will try again