Homeβ€Ί General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Autism awareness day/week

AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
Today 2nd April, the day after April fools day is autism awareness day. This week from 1st to 7th is autism awareness week.Β 

πŸ’™πŸ’™ to show your appreciation wear blue and help spread your awareness πŸ’™πŸ’™

As a person with autism every day this week I am wearing something blue even at college assignment to help raise awareness.Β 
Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    edited April 2019
    This is a lovely thread @Abigail :)Β 

πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❀
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Abigail said:
    Today 2nd April, the day after April fools day is autism awareness day. This week from 1st to 7th is autism awareness week.Β 

πŸ’™πŸ’™ to show your appreciation wear blue and help spread your awareness πŸ’™πŸ’™

As a person with autism every day this week I am wearing something blue even at college assignment to help raise awareness.Β 
    I ask my friends what's special about this week, non of them knew it was austim awareness week, I flipping lost it with them.Β 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to helpΒ 
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    through the hard week i preformed at a gig as the odd one out wearing blue the the support of the mix on the keyboard (only small piece of paper I had at the time). I wore blue on stage and preformed the best I could with everything I bit of mite i had came home and slept as it was a hard day Wednesday.Β 
    Keep talking about autism and enjoy the blue till Aife get in work and changes the colour back the big bully she is πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @Abigail love that you used The Mix's notepad for your music sheet! I hope your performance went well :)Β 

Keep talking about autism and enjoy the blue till Aife get in work and changes the colour back the big bully she is πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Aww I'm afraid I've changed the confetti cannon back to The Mix colours! But do keep talking about autism and raising awareness.Thanks again for posting this thread, such a lovely idea :)Β 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❀
  • HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Hey @Abigail

So I'm a little late to the party, but just wanted to share that everyone at my Sixth-Form and the attached Secondary School was invited to wear blue for autisn awareness day last Tuesday and did some activities in tutor around living with autism. Really great to see the week gather support across social media too, let's hope it brings about lots of awareness for what's such an important cause!
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨