Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Kasa2103 said:
    I know that this is also on Time For Another Ranty Thread so sorry but I need a hug.

My arm hurts so fucking much. I think I fractured my elbow. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 Two fucking days before my fucking pe assessment. Thanks to an ice skater forcing me to suddenly crash into the barrier. I didn't make it and fell and landed very hard on my arm. Bloody stupid Kasa. 

@The Mix Sorry for all the swearing but I am in a lot of pain and angry at myself. 
    Plenty of hugs Kasa <3
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Kasa2103 said:
    I know that this is also on Time For Another Ranty Thread so sorry but I need a hug.

My arm hurts so fucking much. I think I fractured my elbow. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 Two fucking days before my fucking pe assessment. Thanks to an ice skater forcing me to suddenly crash into the barrier. I didn't make it and fell and landed very hard on my arm. Bloody stupid Kasa. 

@The Mix Sorry for all the swearing but I am in a lot of pain and angry at myself. 
    Plenty of hugs Kasa <3

Thanks so much.  <3 Still in a lot of pain. If I take painkillers I'll probably take too much with the pain. My arm is fine if it is just resting in the car but hurts like fuck other times.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Kasa2103 said:

Sending hugs

But You can swear. No need to be sorry 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Just had shit day. I don’t know why im still alive anymore
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Kasa2103 said:
    Kasa2103 said:

Plenty of hugs Kasa <3

Thanks so much.  <3 Still in a lot of pain. If I take painkillers I'll probably take too much with the pain. My arm is fine if it is just resting in the car but hurts like fuck other times.
    @Kasa2103 Poor you <3 Back in 2017 I hurt my arm - couldn't even turn a tap on, it was crazy lol. Really hope the pain eases soon, it can't be much fun:(
    Shaunie said:
    Just had shit day. I don’t know why im still alive anymore
    Aw I'm sorry @Shaunie, if I was with you I'd give you a hug <3
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Suggested taking my mam out for Chinese a few days ago for mothers day..  regretting it now, why has food become such a fear again? 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Suggested taking my mam out for Chinese a few days ago for mothers day..  regretting it now, why has food become such a fear again? 
    Sending love and hugs @BubblesGoesBoo <3
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Missing nan so much today I’ve already gone to the toliet a few times to just sit and cry I’m missing her so much 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Missing nan so much today I’ve already gone to the toliet a few times to just sit and cry I’m missing her so much 
    I'm really sorry to hear that @Millie2787, hugs 🤗 x

Wow mothers day is so fake. Come home to get moaned at for not getting her a card. Like wtf im the only one who doesnt tell her to shut the fuck up all the time. Now wanna play happy family. Un fuck off
    Sat crying my eyes out whilst rocking back and forth cuddling pink ted look like a right werido
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Kept waking up in pain last night, but everytime I woke up the pain was in a different part of my body ... barely slept cause of it and  now gotta do a 9 hour shift. 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Know you have pretty low self worth when every time you reply to someones post on here(to help and give support) a part of you feels bad for doing it and like i am a nobody so maybe i am just annoying to people and dont want a nobody replying to them. And am annoying they see an notification and is from a nobody. Am sorry if people feel like that know i am a nobody just like to try to help tho
    Shaunie said:
    Know you have pretty low self worth when every time you reply to someones post on here(to help and give support) a part of you feels bad for doing it and like i am a nobody so maybe i am just annoying to people and dont want a nobody replying to them. And am annoying they see an notification and is from a nobody. Am sorry if people feel like that know i am a nobody just like to try to help tho
    No @shaunie attucally seeing you reply to my threads really do help me becuase I get scared that I’m annoying péople when ever I post so you replying really does help and a lot of time you help me to breakdown what I’m feeling just by asking simple questions so for that you should be really proud becuase me and my emotions are complex xx
    Shaunie said:
    Aw bud, I personally love your replies - and you're not a nobody. <3
    Oh God. I think Ruby's mouth is bloody... I'm scared. Idk what to do now. 

I'm scared I'll lose her. Sounds  dramatic but it's true. 

Dk what's happening 
    edited April 2019
    Oh God. I think Ruby's mouth is bloody... I'm scared. Idk what to do now. 

I'm scared I'll lose her. Sounds  dramatic but it's true. 

Dk what's happening 
    Okay um... It seems like she's broken another tooth. If she has, that's the third one in like, 1 and a half, or 2, months. I don't know why it would be happening. Vitamin C deficiency is the best I can think of, but A, surely she can't be terribly deficient if her food is fortified and carrot and cucumber probably has a little, and B, wouldn't there be other symptoms? I've been trying to get her to have bell pepper but she hasn't taken to it, so don't assume I'm not trying to give her more vitamin C - I think I'll need to get some drops to put in her water.

I think I saw blood. It's hard to tell, but I'm 99% sure it's on her chin/chest. Couldn't see her mouth all that well though so idk about there.

I'm probably staying up all night - I know, maybe a terrible idea when I'm really tired, but...

Might have to take her to the vets tomorrow. God knows. My dad will phone them in the morning and ask. And I have to write notes about what's been happening so he knows what to say to them (as he hasn't witnessed nearly as much as me and I have a better idea of what's going on).

I'm not even so much scared now as I am confused. Confused as in - I don't know how bad this is or what to do in this moment, I don't know what's causing her teeth to break and how I can help her, etc.. But obviously I am still really scared.

There's a fear in my mind that they'll suggest to me to have her put to sleep. I know it seems silly but I'm scared that there's nothing they can do and it will be kinder for her to die. In part I probably feel this way because of what happened with Abby (other guinea pig) - I can't go through that again, so my brain kind of tries to prepare itself for the worst. Idk. Whatever. I'll shut up now. My internet went off and may go off again any moment, anyway.

PLEASE wish me luck with... everything...
    Hope you and rudy are okay @kathleen0172
    I know how weird this will make me sound but it is what it is lol. But im only ever awake this early if i have a dream. & today had dream that i got banned from this site. Glad to see i still have my account lol. 

Feel like all support will leave me:(
    Shaunie said:
    Hope you and rudy are okay @kathleen0172
    @Shaunie <3 To briefly update, I stayed up all night (lol... help), I haven't heard her drink her water at all so I'm worried about that, but I have seen Ruby eating so it seems she hasn't lost all ability at least... So idk about Ruby, but I ain't okay...
    Shaunie said:
    I know how weird this will make me sound but it is what it is lol. But im only ever awake this early if i have a dream. & today had dream that i got banned from this site. Glad to see i still have my account lol. 

Feel like all support will leave me:(
    Aw hugs x
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    @Kasa2103
    you know you are allowed to swear but still taggging the mix? If anything you need to say sorry for keep spamming their notifcations for no reason 
    I am scared... :+1: Anxious and worried and unsure what to do. Ah god please send help.
    edited April 2019
    I still haven't noticed Ruby drinking any water. So unless she somehow sneakily had it or timed it so I was in that 1 hour sleep when she had a drink, it's been over 12 hours since she last drank at all.

My dad phoned the vets and they said they'll ring back when one is available to talk with him. I wish they'd hurry up already. I'm really concerned and nervous and I just want at least some idea of what to do.

I bet this is all my fault. Should've taken more care to feed her enough vitamin C. All I do is fail and I hate myself.

They might say that they need to file some teeth to make them more even, or they need to have a look - in which case they'll probably be putting her under anesthetic again. And it's kind of risky so I'm scared that if they do need to do that, she won't make it this time. But also, I just really really don't want her to be scared and stressed. I love her so much and all I want is for her to be healthy and happy. And I feel like I'm letting her down in some way. I'm also scared that I'm about to make the wrong choice - so maybe I'll bring her to the vets to be put under anesthetic again. What if she dies and it was actually for nothing because it wasn't a huge problem? Or I don't take her in and she's in pain or something. You get my point.

(I'll stop spamming this thread now, sorry that I moan to y'all so much)

Post edited by Kathleen07 on
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    I hope everything is okay @kathleen0172 keep us updated with how Ruby is doing. Sending you hugs <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Shattered today , hardly been able to concentrate with the kids today both mum and Leo kicked off last night. Nothing like being slapped and bite and kicked when all you was doing was calming him down 😥
    edited April 2019
    Did the hoovering. Tell my family i did the hoovering - (first time i dont get told/forced to do it)

they all look at each other in bitchy way like "do you want a medal or something" - and like - we do the hoovering the time no big deal. 

so ive gone back to bed. No one cares and i just embarrassed myself. Am useless. Wish i never bothered now  Dont think they realise how mich energy it took
    Sorry I'm just updating about Ruby.

First, if you saw my post in the ranty thread... I managed to sleep for like 15 minutes. Nothing more.

The vets phoned back. Long story short, they said as long as Ruby is eating and drinking, don't bother taking her in, unless her mouths starts swelling or smells bad. So now I just have to keep watching her and being on edge and not be sure what I'm doing.

Oh god my head hurts. Sleep deprivation. Maybe stress but mostly sleep deprivation.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @kathleen0172 aww I hope she'll be okay. I know it can be tough when the vets won't do anything to help. I hope you managed to get some sleep last night <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
This discussion has been closed.