Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

General Chat 27.03.19

StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
Hey folks,

So as you may be aware by now that the chat software isn't working tonight, so there are no chat's running, so I thought it would be a nice idea to create a thread where we can have our very own general chat, as if we would in the chat room. 

How is everyone? :heart:
                               "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    its been one of those day butttt oh well - i caught up on holby wow !
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Stephanie said:

Sad that chat isnt on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    its been one of those day butttt oh well - i caught up on holby wow !
    Oh, those days eh, tomorrow is a new day. Oh yay! I wasn't really expecting that what happened in holby. I will miss Freda too!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    i will tooo butttt Dom did not see that coming !
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I’m sad chats not on too. I’m other news I’ve been took down by illness lol and I’m losing my voice 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Shaunie said:
    Stephanie said:

Sad that chat isnt on
    Sorry to hear that Shaunie, hopefully we can provide you with some distraction, your more than welcome to start a thread if you need some support. We care about you :heart:

I’m sad chats not on too. I’m other news I’ve been took down by illness lol and I’m losing my voice 
    Oh no, hope you feel better soon :heart:

I wonder what will happen next

Stephanie said:
    i wont tell you i watched the trailer for next weeek ekkkk
    On the plus side of being ill it meant I got sent home from college by my teacher haha how are you Stephanie 
    Stephanie said:
    i wont tell you i watched the trailer for next weeek ekkkk
    Noooooo, why would you do that to yourself lol! It's always best to wait. Haha!

On the plus side of being ill it meant I got sent home from college by my teacher haha how are you Stephanie 
    Swings and roundabouts hey! :wink:

I'm good thank you, super glad I can still get to talk to you all this evening, even though chat is broken. :heart:

Jelly always a bonus getting sent home :)

Stephaine ummmm becuase im a weriod whos to inpateint to wait 
    Jelly always a bonus getting sent home :)

Stephaine ummmm becuase im a weriod whos to inpateint to wait 
    haha, your not a weirdo though. 

i am - on that note im pretty shit right now so im gonna head off , byyyyeee<3
    Hope your okay, :heart:

We are here for you. I'll be sticking around til 9ish, maybe a bit longer so feel free to come back if you need us. 

Stephanie said:
    Hope your okay, :heart:

We are here for you. I'll be sticking around til 9ish, maybe a bit longer so feel free to come back if you need us. 

Ahhh just shattered makes things 10x worse 😂😂😂
     coursework from 8:50-4:10 has been my day 🤦🏻‍♀️
    Stephanie said:

I'm good thank you, super glad I can still get to talk to you all this evening, even though chat is broken. :heart:
    Yes it’s nice to chat. Have you seen the Madeleine McCann documentary series on Netflix? I’m watching the second episode 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Had to find out from fb that my neighbours moved out today. im anti-social. help me. :lol:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Stephanie said:

Yes it’s nice to chat. Have you seen the Madeleine McCann documentary series on Netflix? I’m watching the second episode 
    The first one bored me so I didn’t watch it all but loads of my classmates have said it’s good
    Stephanie said:

I did start watching it, but I felt like it was quite over the top and couldn't really get into it. I love greys anatomy, that has all my heart :heart:

• One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Looking for a bit of advice;

I spoke in support chat about loosing my job. I don’t know if I’m doing the right thing by looking for work straight away or not. The obvious answer would be yes until I explain why;

I lost my job due to my epilepsy, I have been told it’s unfair dismissal but I don’t want to take it any further. The problem is I work in child care and I’m worried if I apply for another job that they will ask me or my previous employer why I left. My epilepsy isn’t even that bad as I’m still aware of what’s going on and the one seizure they whitnissed was an unusual one which I believe was due to a change in medication, but mention that word and it’s like the world is coming to an end. Especially as it’s only been a few weeks since I’ve lost my job. 😑😑 So if they ask me why I left could I say “personal reasons”? Or do I have to tell them the truth?

what if they ask my precious employer about why I left.

Like I say my epilepsy doesn’t effect my working ability! this is what happeneds

during a seizure I feel spaced out and floaty, I get a numbing sensation in my left hand and on a rare occasion have slightly slurred speech. I am fully aware of these and can carry on while having one if needed, but I like to take a few seconds for it to pass (by choice)
    these last for a maximum of 10 seconds and I do not require any medical attention afterwards and I can return to the task at hand with no problem. 

I don’t know who to contact for advice about this.

may I add having and trying to find a job with epilepsy sucks!!!

Ahh I see @Stephanie is being indesisive about which profile pic to use 😉
    Had to find out from fb that my neighbours moved out today. im anti-social. help me. :lol:
    Also very anti social myself so I know how you feel! 

Looking for a bit of advice;

I spoke in support chat about loosing my job. I don’t know if I’m doing the right thing by looking for work straight away or not. The obvious answer would be yes until I explain why;

I lost my job due to my epilepsy, I have been told it’s unfair dismissal but I don’t want to take it any further. The problem is I work in child care and I’m worried if I apply for another job that they will ask me or my previous employer why I left. My epilepsy isn’t even that bad as I’m still aware of what’s going on and the one seizure they whitnissed was an unusual one which I believe was due to a change in medication, but mention that word and it’s like the world is coming to an end. Especially as it’s only been a few weeks since I’ve lost my job. 😑😑 So if they ask me why I left could I say “personal reasons”? Or do I have to tell them the truth?

what if they ask my precious employer about why I left.

Like I say my epilepsy doesn’t effect my working ability! this is what happeneds

during a seizure I feel spaced out and floaty, I get a numbing sensation in my left hand and on a rare occasion have slightly slurred speech. I am fully aware of these and can carry on while having one if needed, but I like to take a few seconds for it to pass (by choice)
    these last for a maximum of 10 seconds and I do not require any medical attention afterwards and I can return to the task at hand with no problem. 

I don’t know who to contact for advice about this.

may I add having and trying to find a job with epilepsy sucks!!!

Hey one in a million, 

Sorry to hear what your going through, :heart:

This thread is kind of for light-hearted chat as it's a general chat thread, how may we distract you tonight? 

Your more than welcome to start a thread to seek support if you need. It's best to keep this thread light-hearted, hope that's okay. :heart:

I know I can't find one I like. 

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Hi everyone. Today was so funny at trampolining. We all acted very crazy due to the music. But everyone started talking about my boyfriend too. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Stephanie said:
    😂😂😂 indesicive is one of my many traits 🤦🏻‍♀️
    Kasa2103 said:
    Hi everyone. Today was so funny at trampolining. We all acted very crazy due to the music. But everyone started talking about my boyfriend too. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Ah glad you had fun at trampoling, have you been doing that for a long time?!

Stephanie said:
    😂😂😂 indesicive is one of my many traits 🤦🏻‍♀️
    And one of mine too! :wink: