Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you grateful of today?

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Being financially stable.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    My best friend, my weekend riding lesson, and my cat. <3 
  • SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit Posts: 86 Budding Regular
    The food on my plate  <3
    I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    grateful of the nurse that sat with me til I felt better... also grateful of the Dr who discharged me just in time for going away tomorrow! :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Buses. Im such a bus wanker ahah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Days off, without having to take annual leave. :heart:

Yeah 12 hour days are difficult, and physically and mentally exhausting., but I only do 3 of them, 

I love my days off, I have such a better work/life balance now :smile:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    edited February 2019
    Grateful of my appointment for blood tests today. Otherwise i wouldnt of gone outside and saw the weather is nice in febuary ah🙃
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BirdMonkey234BirdMonkey234 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Today I am grateful for the sunshine and fresh air.

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    The weather! It's been so nice and sunny these past few days :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    My nap. Usually feel tired if randomly nap in the day. But tiny bit more awake
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    A special freind- whos been there for me no matter what <3
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Big fan of the weather recently. It's put in me in way better spirits. :) There's something so freeing and relaxing about being able to wear more Summery clothes and enjoying a nice breeze.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    The fact my Childcare teacher has given me until tomorrow 4:10 to get my assignment done !
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm really grateful for black clothes at the moment!
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Saw this poem on twitter 💜- I’m grateful that this 10year old had the courage to speak up 

That the weekend is finished.- work wise.

Cause by the time it is friday i am going to wish i was more grateful on sunday night lol
  • littlegemzlittlegemz Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
    I am greatful for my family even those that I don't see. And friends. And you guys who got me through a hard time last night when I made the bad desperate decision to try speed to loose weight. You didn't judge and that made me feel less of a scumbag and kept me calm 
    They weather seems to perfect today not to cold that I have to wrap up but not to hot that I can’t wear a thin jumper 

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Having organs that aren't (I don't think lol) giving up on me
    Having a house
    The internet, my laptop, and my phone
    Electric, a kettle, an oven, etc
    This place and everyone on here. And their kindness to me
    Having alive and pretty understanding parents
    My pets
    My fav bands and my role models
    Music in general
    My lil cat-sitting job
    My mom's dog
    That my throat isn't in much pain at this second...
    That world war three hasn't broken out... yet...
    Animals, wildlife, nature

And so on... I was just thinking that we sometimes take stuff for granted, so...

The weather has gone back to being warm with a little breeze so you don’t get too warm 😂
    I’ve just looked in the freezer and found these 😍
    I love ice lollies @Millie2787! Can you post one to the office?!

I'm grateful for the sunny weather today, the park was so nice!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    edited March 2019
    Ahhh @Aife shhh don’t tell the others which one 😉 There only from Tesco ! Parks are good I’m there now with my niece ! 
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Today I am grateful for physiotherapy,

After about 3 or 4 years of neck pain and problems today I had a physio session, just one more session to go, and my physiotherapist said how much I've come on, since I've had guidance and also by me doing the exercises I'm getting stronger. :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Very greatful for this little monkey. Always brightens up my day especially when them days are blue. 

Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    @Abigail aww too cute!
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    The anonymous group of year 11's who gave me a hug and distracted me when I was close to tears and close to contacting Crisis Messenger. And also the teacher who actually took some time out of her lunch break to help me calm down. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Night lights. Because i hate the complete dark but lamps are too bright. I have those light up stars all round my room right now lol. 
    That student serivces can give out plasters becuase I have a blister and she gave me spare ! 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    The year 11's at school because they are so caring and understanding. ☺
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous