Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The most obvious advice ever

ValerialettoValerialetto Posts: 87 Budding Regular
edited March 2019 in Health & Wellbeing
              If you feel depressed, lonely, passive, to tired to cope, not interested in anything, sad, everything becomes an extreme effort for you....try to do Sport.

I'm sorry for that very obvious advice you hear probably from every source but guys....all of the feelings I mentioned above mean that you're stuck and one of the way out is to shake it off literally. If you do it that will influence not only your physical condition but mental as well. 

Maybe some of you tell now that their problems are just too serious to get rid of it by doing sport....maybe you are right, but anyway it gives power. The more energy you give to the world the more you get back. It's a balance rule. The kinder you are to people the kinder and more open they are to you. The more energy you put in your body while training the more energy you receive like internal satisfaction and self - pride for being able to get up and do it.

Have anyone tried that? <3

[moved from Introduce Yourself by moderator]

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    I agree. Exercise releases endorphins in the brain or body i think. But then guess all different in what helps & obviously sports on its own may not help May need with other treatment. But definetly can help - the more i physically do the more active i feel - if i stay in bed all day i feel more tired
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    KitkatKatieKitkatKatie Posts: 3 Newbie
    Hi Valerialetto, I definitely agree!

It is a really good way for us to feel better about the way we look, think, and feel, and also how we see the world in a physical sense if the sport is in an area that we admire or find a sense of calm within it.

Although the only problem with me is that since I have an eating disorder, I am restricted with exercise. But I guess just getting some fresh air makes you a bit more awake and engaged with the outside world, rather than feeling stuck with you inside emotions.

But I hope you are ok. 😃
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Exercise is great! It gets you out of the house, improves your physical and mental wellbeing, and can be great fun! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ValerialettoValerialetto Posts: 87 Budding Regular
    @KitkatKatie thanks for your reply!))
    Yes, I guess having eating disorder it is a bit difficult for you to have real trainings( 
    I hope you will feel better soon and  in case if you need some support I am here to talk to you :)

• Options
    KitkatKatieKitkatKatie Posts: 3 Newbie
    Valerialetto, thank you so much for replying! Sorry to talk about myself, but I really appreciate you being there just to talk, and I hope that you are ok, too! :)

Please feel free to talk too if you ever need anything (or just a random chat!) But thank you again 😁