Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Guidelines tweaks

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited March 2019 in Community Announcements
Hey folks,

Just a quick one to say we've made a couple of tweaks to the existing group chat guidelines.

Under 'How do I stay safe in chat?', we changed the photo-sharing section to be more specific:

We also ask that you avoid sharing any personal contact details in the chat room such as your email address, phone number or Facebook page. It’s okay to share photos yourself or your pets if you’re comfortable with that, but please don’t share photos of anybody else. Don’t forget that once you post something online, there’s no way to stop somebody saving it.

We've also added a new section in the main agreement about keeping the room safe for everyone:

Group chat is a safe place – I won’t come to the session if I’m having immediate thoughts of ending my life, and I’ll instead contact a more appropriate service such as The Mix’s Crisis Messenger or Samaritans. If I talk about self-harm, I’ll stick to discussing my feelings and avoid describing methods or other physical details.

You can read more about confidentiality in group chat in The Mix’s confidentiality policy.

Self-harm and suicidal feelings are already covered in the 'What can I talk about?' section, but we've decided to bump it to the top to make it more visible. We also wanted to make sure there's a clear agreement that you feel safe before coming to the session.

We also made some other minor changes and updates to the language.

Feel free to drop us a PM or reply below if you have any suggestions or feedback about the group chat guidelines. :) We'll be thinking about other ways we can improve them as well.

Mike & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    edited March 2019
    Hi

I know i said this in private message but i left the conversation because i feel bad that you have to use your time to reply to me but then idk if you can still see it i leave the chat?(sorry hope didnt seem rude)

anyway i don’t know why i am still bothering saying this opinion cause no one looks at it from my point of view and always ignored. 

But imo i think you should make a rule about spam. And fuck knows how many times i have said how annoying it is but very rude in fact it gets ignored. And what is the fuck is the point in saying a mods names so many times??????????????? Ive also said the reasons for the fact that sometimes on my phone i can not scroll up - so i can only see whats on the chat. And not very fucking considerate when All i can see is someones name repeated and ive missed other stuff

I mean i have said this so many fucking times and its ignored whcih i personally think is very rude. And then i get annoyed everytime - if that was me- someone getting annoyed would be only reason id need to stop. Because its not nessacrily. And what is also annoying is the mod will tell me to mute them..........um the mute button shouldnt be used to mute spammers. Shouldnt happen in the first place.  😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐🙃😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐

[edited by moderator]
    Post edited by TheMix on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Thanks for this feedback @Shaunie. :) 

You're right - spamming the chat isn't on the guidelines currently. Updating them fully is something we need to do and are hoping to work on fairly soon, because there's a lot that needs changing, adding, and even removing. Posting a lot of messages quickly is definitely something we'll be including.

For now, anything disruptive to the session should be addressed by the moderators. By the sounds of your post, it seems like you've found this to be the case and you're feeling frustrated that it hasn't been dealt with. Moderators don't always get things right, so we'll look over some transcripts and hopefully find the issue here.

There are a couple of things in your post that we'd like to touch on privately, so we'll drop you a PM to continue this conversation.

Appreciate the feedback. :)

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.