Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

"Marriage is half of faith" - NOT!!!!!

sozforhappysozforhappy Deactivated Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
edited February 2019 in General Chat
I so hate that people's expectations of my future are different from mine. Like saying I'll get married and have kids hence the title when all I want is to live ony my own and be a workwoman. Hearing my parents or teachers or even friends say it or reading it in books. I dont want to get married cuz i hate the idea of couple relationships and intimacy and how u get kids. I dont get why my religion Islam says marriage is half of faith when some people find sex dis-gus-ting. Yes the Koran states that human beings were created in pairs but it doesn't say it's obligatory and you'll get thrown in hell if you never get married, and it also supports the fact that forced marriage is unallowed and it's always ur choice. Family life sucks anyway, unlike in the prophets time, lots of telling off and shouting and nagging and arguing and rules made against u (ill basically be treating my kids the way I didnt like my parents treating me! And according to Islam the wife has to behave following the husband's principles!) Plus in those times people also didn't have much choice in the matter. I cant bear when people say I'll feel lonely and depressed living alone and I may change my mind some day, as Iong as there's no one being mean and bullying me is all I care about. Im 19 now, and have decided since ages that I don't want to. I swear to God if my parents ever introduce me to a guy I'm never forgiving them. I won't have a guy touching me up in random places and pushing me about!!!

Comments

• Options
    MsBingoMsBingo Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hey @sozforhappy

It sounds like your parents expectations for your life are different to yours, and that can be ok in certain circumstances. However, it is never ok for someone to force your to live your life in a way that you don't want to. It is really important that they respect your wishes.

If you did feel lonely living alone, you could always choose to live someone. Lots of older people I know find companionship and happiness with their friends, so I think you're not alone in your view about this.
  • Options
    sozforhappysozforhappy Deactivated Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    I mean I'll still keep in touch with my friends and family, just not live with them