Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

February photo challenge!

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey everyone,

We're going to start doing photo challenges every month! I've posted this one up a day early ready for the start of February tomorrow. I hope you have fun taking part in this photo challenge :) 

• 1st February - Something you did today
  • 2nd February - Frost/ Snow
  • 3rd February - Warm
  • 4th February - Something you're listening to
  • 5th February - Your favourite thing about February 
  • 6th February - Hobby
  • 7th February - Pattern
  • 8th February - Winter morning
  • 9th February - Sunset
  • 10th February - Something red
  • 11th February - Candle
  • 12th February - Childhood memory 
  • 13th February - Landscape
  • 14th February - Something you love
  • 15th February - Something pink
  • 16th February - Baking
  • 17th February - Your favourite film
  • 18th February - Shadow
  • 19th February - Inspirational 
  • 20th February - Something you made
  • 21st February - Out of focus
  • 22nd February - Something old
  • 23rd February - Family pet
  • 24th February - Black and white
  • 25th February - Clouds
  • 26th February - Something new
  • 27th February - Something you're thankful for
  • 28th February - Something blue

If you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting some photo ideas for the next challenge, a weekly challenge idea, or writing something for the newsletter let us know over on this form.

Have fun!

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Technically wasn’t this year but this was the snow we got last year 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    A pasty counts as Something  warm right?  😂 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited February 2019

Listening to my ipod/spotify

As well as half listening to peoples convos on the bus lol cause speaking lounder than my music haha
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    A pattern - just found a really good app that allows you to draw mandala patterns

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

Got this one the other day whilst waiting for the bus 
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Snowy walk last weekend.
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Oh, I don't think it posted properly and I can't edit. :( Never done a pic before so wasn't sure how, sorry.

☀️ 
     Something red - my nails  
    though I am walking to work in rain so feeling sorry for myself lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

The curtain and the wallpaper at this pub is kinda red 😂
  • NekolovesteaNekolovestea Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    It's a souvenir my mom gave me, no idea what it is tho, but it's pretty, and red !
    “You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two.” 
    -Hayao Miyazaki
    edited February 2019
    something Pink - 
    tried to co ordiate my jacket with my shoes lol. think it works. my jacket and vans are pink. though cant see my vans that well but theyre same sort of dusty pink colour
    which i think is my favourate colour 😊 . (tho the colour is a bit darker/different in life)

and if youre wondering how my walk went - here is a more of an insight to it  looooll

Aw yesterdays one was baking. Really want to bake soon so will probs just post that for wrong day. 

"Your faviourate film"

My favourite film 😍

• AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family

Sunset/shadow. Lovely little picture I think. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    20th"something you made"

this is the only thing i can find ah. This is my sensory/distraction box that i made ages ago with nspcc. I say made all we did was put the wrapping paper on it and put stuff in it but took a while ah. Lil bit scruffy now tho ah. I still like the colours tho 🙃

Family pet. Percy

Tho im not a massive fan of guinea pigs. But still cute. They just wee and poo on me everytime i pick them up otherwise would spend more time with them aha
    This is roxi 
    26th
    Something new

my duvet cover i got today. I love getting new duvet covers tho ive had the exact same one before but teddy was sick on it lol so had to get same one as doing my room grey and pink and white and looks nice. Asda do the best duvet covers

Graceful for the sunny weather and the woodland I have to walk through to get to CAMHS 

Teddy🐶
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Something I'm thankful for, my friends. I'm aware I can't post a photo of them :lol:  but this is a little package one of them sent me. It's hard for us to meet up due to work/distance but things like this remind me they got my back 👌 I've lost many friends over the years due to mental illness but some have remained and our friendship is stronger than ever 💕 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    edited February 2019

28th - something blue. (Ignore my fat hands and badly painted nails) but My nemo cup that im sadly obsessed with lol. Would think im 10 (dk why the lighting for that pic is so bad ahh)