Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A good description of Anorexia....

PianoGal0301PianoGal0301 Posts: 37 Boards Initiate
edited February 2019 in Health & Wellbeing
Describes how it is well. The second isn't just about the Anorexia though, just how it is on a whole.

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I'm not sure whether to click insightful or hugs! So clicked insightful and then commented to send hugs xoxo
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    These apply to body dysmorphic disorder as well. Especially the first one, I relate to that one so much because that's exactly my experience too! It's so hard to believe that something you can see for yourself in the mirror in front of you is not the same as what everyone else sees when they look at you. It's so hard to learn to not trust your own eyes and the information they give you.
  • PianoGal0301PianoGal0301 Posts: 37 Boards Initiate
    @Ariana yes it's so hard isn't it? How are you today?
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    So hard! I'm really struggling with it at the moment. Just feel like I look disgusting all the time and it never gets any better. How about you, how are you doing? 
    @Ariana, not amazing, I feel so fat! But I'm hungry, I feel like I can't eat though. So sorry to hear you are struggling so much *hugs* x
  • unperfectlyunperfectly Posts: 4 Newbie
    This is such a good description of Anorexia & other eating disorders - especially as when people ask - it's so hard to explain as they haven't been there. only you have.  I'm struggling too though but we'll get through it together <3 stay strong *hugs*
    @unperfectly, yes I found it on Pintest, sorry to here you are struggling too, want to talk about it? Thanks for the hugs ❤ hugs to you to x