Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Hugs @kathleen0172 Do you have any evidence that your sibling would ever do something like that? Sometimes when I have those kind of paranoid thoughts I try to list what evidence I have to support the thought, what evidence I have against the thought, and try to reach a balanced conclusion as to how true the thought is likely to be. Usually I find that there is a tiny bit of supporting evidence for it, but that the evidence against the thought is usually much stronger.
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    @Ariana yeah, I try to do that. I guess there's not exactly much evidence. So annoying though cause no amount of logical thinking properly eases paranoia/anxiety:( Hugs back 🤗

• Options
    ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Yeh I totally get that @kathleen0172 . Our emotional brain doesn't often want to listen to our logical brain does it! I hope the thoughts leave you alone soon. <3
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    😭 so so so done with everything 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    thumperbearthumperbear Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    I’m in need of a hug :( 
  • Options
    It's been a fucking week since my throat got sore, it's still sore, and there's no other symptoms. What the literal fuck. Wish it'd get better.
  • Options
    Such a fuck up right now 😭
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    It's been a fucking week since my throat got sore, it's still sore, and there's no other symptoms. What the literal fuck. Wish it'd get better.
    Hope you feel better soon, illness sucks. I am on day 5 now off being poorly :( Feel better :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Do you want to chat about things, sending you hugs :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Do you want to chat about things, sending you hugs :heart:
    Somthing happened that all - not fair on everyone to go into details  , thank you 💖
  • Options
    Don’t think they Attucally realise how much I really don’t want to go to this meal tonight 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2019
    So tired all the time. Is draining😭 need to eat more. Feel like my arms are going to fall off or something lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    We Ordered fish and chips take away. (Expect i dont have the fish lol) but anyways. Their portions are masssiveee omg. It was only a medium size and ew gives me anxiety looking at it, could only eat a quarter of them

no wonder nearly everyone is fat
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    OMG this dinner is going horrendous we just had starters and I feel so sick 😭

also i just sound so selfish when it’s my sisters birthday 
  • Options
    OMG this dinner is going horrendous we just had starters and I feel so sick 😭

also i just sound so selfish when it’s my sisters birthday 
    you don't sound selfish at all dude. Really sorry :( xoxo
  • Options
    I hate this I’m feeling so sick and guilty after everything that got ordered for me 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    Oh my god oh my god :'(:'(
  • Options
    Sat hidying in the toilet at placment shakey and scared and stressed and just want to go home 
  • Options
    I really really hate this anxious feeling. It's a feeling of like... Being scared something bad is happening or going to happen, feeling in a nightmarish state iyswim, or I dunno... You get the point, I'm anxious and it's horrible. I just want it to fuck off :'(
  • Options
    If I lose this job I don’t know what I’ll do it’s my everything - I will litreally have nothing left to be here fore 
  • Options
    Hugs @Millie2787, really hope you don't lose it buddy xoxo
    I will litreally have nothing left to be here fore 

You'll be here to lift others up with your sweetness, to be fun and comfort for people you know, to see things... You'll always have stuff to be here for, I know that doesn't really help though <3
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Sending hugs to anyone who needs it <3 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Oh my god. I'm scared, seriously you have no idea :(

Today I've been really anxious. I've been hiding from areas near my guinea pig for most of the day (besides from spending time with her), and when the time to do her veggies and clean her out and all, my heart was beating fast with anxiety. I quickly cleaned her out and everything seemed fine. But then when I got her veg she was pawing at her mouth and stuff some more. I got my dad to come stand with me and watch her eat cause I felt close to tears with panic. I eventually managed to tear myself away from staring at her and went to sit on the stairs, scared to do anything (I go into kind of a fight or flight response), and eventually I went to get ready for bed while feeling so anxious. Now I'm curled up under my duvet completely fearful.

It's horrible and I can't cope. My mind won't stop; I've tried deep breathing, distractions, rationalising, nothing helps. I'm really scared and genuinely don't know how to take it. :'(
  • Options
    Got the results back today about how albie died 😥
  • Options
    sounds like you're really struggling with intrusive thoughts @kathleen0172
    Sorry to hear nothing has helped,   these can be really hard to deal with x

Sometimes it can help to understand why we are having these thoughts,

it sounds like you are worried about your guinea pigs health, is there anything else that takes form? 

In regards to your guinea pig while not an expert she sounds okay :) if anything maybe she just needs to grind down her teeth? Make sure she has plenty of hay to help but don't panic she's fine x :)

Have you talked to None about this?  Received any support from somewhere? 

this article may help https://moodsmith.com/intrusive-thoughts/

Remember we're all here for you x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    Hope you're okay @Millie2787
    We're all here for you 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Aw thank you @Laine xo

Well I guess I'm worried about her health. I'm not really sure what exactly I'm afraid of, I'm just scared :( I guess because I'm paranoid about her, very small things will set off panic and obsessive thoughts about her. So right now because of her pawing at her mouth when eating, I'm panicking and obsessing that like, what if she chokes, what if there's suddenly a problem with her teeth that means she can hardly chew, what if blah-blah. I don't really know, I just can't control these thoughts and anxious feelings - it won't leave my head. and I feel like something bad's going to happen though I don't know what, and that I need to take action but don't know how. I'm just in panic mode and really scared. I'm honestly trying to control it but can't :fearful: 

I think I'll just be hiding in my room for most of the day. I'm actually scared to be around her cause the anxiety gets even worse. I'm actually nervous about doing her veggies tonight because she'll probably paw at her mouth and I'll be trying not to cry from anxiety. This pawing at her mouth thing only happened the day before yesterday - I'm wondering if she's got a bit of hay stuck between her teeth or something, I really don't know. Regardless I just want to see her as a normal pet, like I see my cat, rather than something to constantly be worried and obsessed about.

I know only a professional can really help me when I'm in this state, I'm just so panicky I can't stop talking about it.
  • Options
    Aw thank you @Laine xo

Well I guess I'm worried about her health. I'm not really sure what exactly I'm afraid of, I'm just scared :( I guess because I'm paranoid about her, very small things will set off panic and obsessive thoughts about her. So right now because of her pawing at her mouth when eating, I'm panicking and obsessing that like, what if she chokes, what if there's suddenly a problem with her teeth that means she can hardly chew, what if blah-blah. I don't really know, I just can't control these thoughts and anxious feelings - it won't leave my head. and I feel like something bad's going to happen though I don't know what, and that I need to take action but don't know how. I'm just in panic mode and really scared. I'm honestly trying to control it but can't :fearful: 

I think I'll just be hiding in my room for most of the day. I'm actually scared to be around her cause the anxiety gets even worse. I'm actually nervous about doing her veggies tonight because she'll probably paw at her mouth and I'll be trying not to cry from anxiety. This pawing at her mouth thing only happened the day before yesterday - I'm wondering if she's got a bit of hay stuck between her teeth or something, I really don't know. Regardless I just want to see her as a normal pet, like I see my cat, rather than something to constantly be worried and obsessed about.

I know only a professional can really help me when I'm in this state, I'm just so panicky I can't stop talking about it.
    oh forgot some of your other questions lol - I talk to my parents about this, that's about it really. Haven't got anyone else not really.

And thanks for the article, I'll check it out.

<3
  • Options
    someone please just make everything stop. can't cope:(
  • Options
    Maybe its time i accepted something is wrong with my eating, But im too scared to reach out for help with it  :'(
This discussion has been closed.