Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Word limit for emails

TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
Hello,
I was just wondering if there is a specific word limit for emails. I filled out an email form and when it came to typing out the message I found that I could only type so much because it stopped me from typing any more. I couldn't find any kind of counter or anything to tell me how many words or characters I could use. Is there meant to be a word limit that I'm just missing or is this an issue with the form?

Comments

• Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @TheAprilFool

This is a great question! The character limit for PMs and comments is 2000 characters. Was this the length of your message? It should usually tell you if you've got too many characters so perhaps there's a bug. Did you get a message like this?

- Aife

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    The Mix said:
    Hey @TheAprilFool

This is a great question! The character limit for PMs and comments is 2000 characters. Was this the length of your message? It should usually tell you if you've got too many characters so perhaps there's a bug. Did you get a message like this?

- Aife

Hey
    I'm pretty sure it was way under 2000 characters. I didn't get any kind of message telling me I had too many characters, it just cut me off and wouldn't let me type any more after a few sentences. It's been like this for a while but it used to let me type for much longer. 

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing though. This is for the email form you use to ask for advice on the main page, not the PMs that are part of the boards. I'm not sure if I'm making sense
  • Options
    Hey @TheAprilFool ohh I'm sorry I thought you meant PMs! I''ll flag this to our tech team and get back to you :) 

- Aife

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    The Mix said:
    Hey @TheAprilFool ohh I'm sorry I thought you meant PMs! I''ll flag this to our tech team and get back to you :) 

- Aife
    Thank-you :)
  • Options
    Hey @TheAprilFool sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. We met with our tech team last week and there shouldn't be a word limit for emails. It's possible the form wasn't working that day you used it. If you're still experiencing this problem, let me know :) 

- Aife