Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Chats

Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
These last few weeks whenever I’ve gone to go into chat rooms on my phone it lets me get to this point but won’t let me click on the rooms to enter . But let’s me in fine on my laptop 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I've also had this issue. 
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    These last few weeks whenever I’ve gone to go into chat rooms on my phone it lets me get to this point but won’t let me click on the rooms to enter . But let’s me in fine on my laptop 

Aurora said:

Hmmm... thank you both @Aurora @Millie2787. What device and browser combo are you both using?

Mike & the team 
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    @The Mix I use IPhone and safari 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    The Mix said:

Aurora said:

Hmmm... thank you both @Aurora @Millie2787. What device and browser combo are you both using?

Mike & the team 
    I use a Samsung Galaxy s9, so its a farely new phone, and previous chats have been okay, it's just been lately I've had this issue, but I also have this issue sometimes when I'm using my laptop, I couldn't get into chat the other day as when I entered the room on my laptop, the screen posted above by Millie was showing. 
    @The Mix it seems from tonight the only way I could get around this was to clear my internet history and enter in as a Guest user and it would let me click on things so I could enter rooms and change name ETC - this was both on safari and google chrome 
    Thanks both of you - @Millie2787 & @Aurora. Interesting to know that clearing browser history could be a solution - perhaps a temporary fix we can keep in mind.

We've flagged this to be looked at and we'll post here with an update when we know something. :) Aware that fixing things with chat usually takes a bit longer than the boards - sorry folks!

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    @Millie2787 & @Aurora (and anyone else having this issue), are you able to click other buttons on the page or does everything become unresponsive when this happens?

Mike & the team

The Mix said:
    @Millie2787 & @Aurora (and anyone else having this issue), are you able to click other buttons on the page or does everything become unresponsive when this happens?

Mike & the team
    The Mix said:

Mike & the team
    @The@"The Mix" the whole page becomes unresponsive 
    Hey again folks,

We're having some trouble re-creating the issue from our side (meaning we can't diagnose it), so it would be good to confirm a few things. For anyone having this issue (@Aurora @Millie2787), we'd like to dig for a few more details if that's okay. :)

We'd like to confirm:

1) The device you're using
    2) The browser and browser version you're using
        (e.g. in Chrome, you go to menu > help > about Google Chrome)

3) If possible, what steps you're taking before you hit the problem (e.g. load the page, login, then what buttons become unresponsive)

I realise this is a lot and you might not be able to answer these if the problem isn't constant, but any info you have would be amazing. :) 

Thanks for bearing with us,

Mike & the team

@The Mix

I have a IPhone and tend to have to use the google chrome app and it tells me it’s version 71.0.3578.89.

safari just still dosent want to work let’s me log in and then just freezes - ummm I have no clue on what the version of safari it is but I can tell you that my phone is running off IOS 12.1.4 if that’s any help 🤔

if I do try and use safari I litreally cannot do anything other than refresh the page and if I do that it goes completely blank and dosent even load the Page to go into any of the rooms. it tends to be it will load for me to login , I’ll login it that when I get to the point of choosing which room to go in and that’s when I can’t do anything else. 

I dunno if any of that is going to make any sense or even be of any help 😂