Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help us save the confetti cannon!

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited January 2019 in General Chat
Hey everyone!

As some of you may have noticed, the confetti cannon has sadly been taken down :( 

We'd really like to bring it back but we're struggling to think of a caption we can put next to it! Can you help us think of some ideas so we persuade our tech team to bring it back? 

Before we had a caption that said 'Celebrate the community's 18th Birthday by firing our confetti cannon'. It's no longer the community's 18th Birthday so we need a new caption! 

Help us save the confetti cannon!

Aife & the team

las vegas party GIF by Red Bull
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    How about, release the cannon when you're stressed! (could be like a distraction) idk
    Idk, um.. or.... nah never mind, that's all I've got. 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Ariana said:
    Maybe something like:

"Fire off our confetti cannon to celebrate young people supporting each other online" 
    Oh I love this one :heart: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    When was the community 18?

On May 5th I'll have been commenting on these boards for 18 years.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Um... How about, "Click this button to be pleasantly surprised!"

Or, "Help us celebrate a random stranger's birthday by firing our confetti cannon"

Or, "Celebrate the awesome human being you are with our confetti cannon!"

Or, "Go on, click the button to celebrate your success!"

Or, "Click this button if you want some fun"

Or, "Click the button if you have nothing better to do with ye life"

:p haha!

Alternatively, just pick someone else's suggestion (way better idea) :joy:
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit

Or, "Help us celebrate a random stranger's birthday by firing our confetti cannon”
    Lol this one
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Thanks everyone for all of your great ideas! 

We've decided to go for something simple and just have 'Click for confetti' for now. We really like your ideas about self-care and celebrating young people so we're planning to change the title on awareness days e.g. World Mental Health Day & Young Carers Day. We can also change the colour of the confetti which is exciting!

The confetti canon will be returning very soon! Thanks so much everyone :) 

- Aife & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    Heya @The Mix  "Click here for confetti!" seems good!

I see the cannon is back now, only, when I click on it, nothing happens? I'm not bothered but I'm not sure if it's an issue others are having, so I thought I'd quickly bring that up :)
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @kathleen0172

Do you have an ad blocker installed on your web browser? It wasn't working on mine either but it does when I disable the ad blocker. It's not blocking it on all ad blockers though so if you use a different one, hopefully it should work for you! 

- Aife

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I don't have an ad blocker but just can't see it :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Nevermind it's back,  don't listen to silly old me 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    @The Mix ooooooh that explains it xD Thank you! 
  • SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit Posts: 86 Budding Regular
    The confetti cannon is what swayed me to join up  :p:p
    I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent