Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I want to get out of bed. But I just cant. Being cold doesn’t help either
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Esme17 said:
    First exam today. I’m so nervous to sit in the massive exam hall with hundreds of people again and I don’t feel like I know anything 
    Hope it goes ok , Deep breathes and stop close you eyes and breathe if you need to x I know what it’s like I had mine today and have another one this afternoon 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    edited January 2019
    Lol. I have diarhea.  Ha

odds on anyone actknowledging this post even existed. Unlikely. 

Lol I don’t feel well suddenly
    Post edited by Siena on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    What is wrong with me , I messed up my last exam and now have just cried becasue I dropped my fork 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Sending hugs everyone ❤
    Hugs @Millie2787 💕
    Sometimes we have bad days and that's okay it's definitely okay to cry xo

We're all here for you :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • thumperbearthumperbear Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    Feeling super sad I have no reason to be sad but I am and the urges are back and there worse and I just don’t know why 😭😭😭😭

There is someone, somewhere in a hospital bed right now wishing they have the opportunity I have right now. And I am just wishing I could be dead:(

I had a bath and all I kept wanting to do was kill myself in it
    Just got rid of a friend who was toxic and used me all the time ....... but I don’t know how I feel 😐
  • SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit Posts: 86 Budding Regular
    Just got rid of a friend who was toxic and used me all the time ....... but I don’t know how I feel 😐
    Firstly well done for doing something that will benefit you so much in the long term!!! It will always feel confusing after because we get used to being with certain people. We're here for you  <3<3
    I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hugs to everyone who needs them :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I know it can be really hard and/or confusing <3 It's a positive thing you got rid of them though, well done!
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Sending plenty of hugs everyone! <3

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    edited January 2019
    Feeling paranoid and anxious about my guinea pig is... not fun you could definitely say.

Also, I keep trying to tell myself at least that I've been paranoid so many times and everything's been okay, but... one day, it's not going to be fine... All creatures die one day. She's turning 4 years old in a couple of months, she's getting older and... Well she's so precious to me. And one day, even if it's years away, I'm going to approach her and find her not breathing:( I know that sounds ridiculous but... And I feel like I fail her...

yeah I dunno I know I need a doc and I'll see one very soon but in the meantime all hugs are appreciated.
    Feeling paranoid and anxious about my guinea pig is... not fun you could definitely say.

Also, I keep trying to tell myself at least that I've been paranoid so many times and everything's been okay, but... one day, it's not going to be fine... All creatures die one day. She's turning 4 years old in a couple of months, she's getting older and... Well she's so precious to me. And one day, even if it's years away, I'm going to approach her and find her not breathing:( I know that sounds ridiculous but... And I feel like I fail her...

yeah I dunno I know I need a doc and I'll see one very soon but in the meantime all hugs are appreciated.
    Hugs
    I have guinea pigs too. I think they’re 4 or 5 i ain’t too sure 
    Shaunie said:

Hugs
    I have guinea pigs too. I think they’re 4 or 5 i ain’t too sure 
    Sweet creatures aren't they? <3

Love Guinea pigs , used to have them when I was younger . Called them Ben and Jerry ( yes after the ice cream that was never my choice was my sisters 😂😂) 
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Big hugs @kathleen0172 I think on some level it's natural to worry about our pets. My cat is only 1 and I still sometimes find myself thinking about when the day comes when he's not there anymore and getting all teary thinking how I won't cope... and he's only 1! I guess it comes from loving them so much and seeing them as part of our family. But I think I'd rather have that amazing strong connection with animals, even if I know it will one day cause me pain, than miss out on that connection altogether.
    Still don’t know how I feel about getting rid of a friend yesterday - we were such good friends until October last yesr when she stared to use me. I know it’s for the best but I just don’t know if it was the right thing 
    Still don’t know how I feel about getting rid of a friend yesterday - we were such good friends until October last yesr when she stared to use me. I know it’s for the best but I just don’t know if it was the right thing 
    It's always really hard to lose a friend, whatever the circumstances. But if she's one of those people who's just using you for their own benefit then I think you're better off without her in the long run. Better to surround yourself with people who really care about you. 
    Ariana said:
    It's always really hard to lose a friend, whatever the circumstances. But if she's one of those people who's just using you for their own benefit then I think you're better off without her in the long run. Better to surround yourself with people who really care about you. 
    We were such good friends for years until October when she started hanging around with someone who was no good and I tired to tell her that. Since October she only ever wanted to know me when said friends had annoyed her or upset her or was busy - I was always seen as second best. But now I question Weathwr I made the right decision 
    Ariana said:
    Big hugs @kathleen0172 I think on some level it's natural to worry about our pets. My cat is only 1 and I still sometimes find myself thinking about when the day comes when he's not there anymore and getting all teary thinking how I won't cope... and he's only 1! I guess it comes from loving them so much and seeing them as part of our family. But I think I'd rather have that amazing strong connection with animals, even if I know it will one day cause me pain, than miss out on that connection altogether.
    I wish I was like that. My anxieties are irrational and uncontrollable, it's a long story but just trust me:( hugs xoxo 
    It's horrible to feel second best all the time @Millie2787 so I can completely understand your decision. Maybe it will be a wake up call for her and she'll try harder, you never know.

Sorry @kathleen0172 I didn't mean to minimise what you're going through, it sounds horrible. I hope it's something you can add to your list to mention to the doctor when you see them. 
    Ariana said:
    It's horrible to feel second best all the time @Millie2787 so I can completely understand your decision. Maybe it will be a wake up call for her and she'll try harder, you never know.

Sorry @kathleen0172 I didn't mean to minimise what you're going through, it sounds horrible. I hope it's something you can add to your list to mention to the doctor when you see them. 
    @Ariana no no, you didn't minimise it don't worry <3 yeah it is pretty sucky:(
    edited January 2019
    Tbh I am so fucking fed up of my family talking about how we are getting to hasting on friday. Omg either doing it all in one day or not. Like shut the fuck up now. As long as we go to the funeral then idc should of just said  I’ll get the train. I will totally get travel sickness in a three hour   car jounery. Now saying we will go to London on Thursday and then go to Hastings on Thursdays so won’t be doing a three hour car journey. I don’t want to stay at my sister husbands dads. Like I don’t drive but may aswell do three hours and get over and done with 
    edited January 2019
    My mum wants to wear joggers to Nans funeral. OMGGG what the fuck is wrong with her. She’s deluded. She hasn’t showered in ages and omg she thinks that’s okay to go a funeral like that because is black. Omg need trousers not fucking joggers.

I don’t even go to my local shops in joggers  
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Have a joint appointment tomorrow and dreading it :( also spoke to work about dropping a day cause soon im going to have 3/4 and soon after 5 appointments a week and it's too much, and I want a day off to myself aswell :(
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    I told my mum she can’t be wearing joggers to the funeral and she is fucking deluded & has no respect and it turned into an agreument and she was saying “Nan would feel sick if she heard you speaking like this”. Um why would you say that for 😭😭😭😭
    edited January 2019
    Shaunie said:
    I told my mum she can’t be wearing joggers to the funeral and she is fucking deluded & has no respect and it turned into an agreument and she was saying “Nan would feel sick if she heard you speaking like this”. Um why would you say that for 😭😭😭😭
    That was a really inconsiderate thing for her to say, I'm sorry xo
    Take a hug everyone 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗
This discussion has been closed.