Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Shaunie said:
    Thank you. She has passed away now:(😭
    Massive hugs shaunie I know it’s the hardest thing to go through but she’s will be sat in heaven smiling down on you xxx here if you want to talk x
    Thank you x
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    This morning really has proven how much pressure I put on myself when looking after others 😐
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I can't cope :(
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Anything in particular making you feel like that kathleen? Sorry you're struggling. Sending big hugs xx
    Ariana said:
    Anything in particular making you feel like that kathleen? Sorry you're struggling. Sending big hugs xx
    Thanks, big hugs back xo. Just the usual really. My mind's in a really bad state. Right now my mind's kind of racing with these feelings and thoughts and I'm overwhelmed. Idk I just want to stop thinking :(
    Thanks, big hugs back xo. Just the usual really. My mind's in a really bad state. Right now my mind's kind of racing with these feelings and thoughts and I'm overwhelmed. Idk I just want to stop thinking :(
    I definitely relate to that. Sometimes our minds just go into overdrive and seem to be going 100 miles an hour. Is there anything you can do to distract yourself for a while? Maybe some tv or music or reading? Anything that gives your mind something else to focus on.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Meggles I'm here to listen if you need to talk or anything 💖

Here if you need a friendly ear too @Meggles. You're not invisible here.
    Ariana said:
    I definitely relate to that. Sometimes our minds just go into overdrive and seem to be going 100 miles an hour. Is there anything you can do to distract yourself for a while? Maybe some tv or music or reading? Anything that gives your mind something else to focus on.
    yeah, I'm currently listening to my fav band which never fails to lift me up a tad haha. Still never leaves though. I'm desperate to feel better!...:( I must get round to seeing a doctor soon cause I think I'm on the verge of just totally losing the plot ha.
    yeah, I'm currently listening to my fav band which never fails to lift me up a tad haha. Still never leaves though. I'm desperate to feel better!...:( I must get round to seeing a doctor soon cause I think I'm on the verge of just totally losing the plot ha.
    Glad you have a band that cheers you up a bit. :) But I know what you mean about it never leaving you and always being there in the background. I think speaking to a doctor about it is a really good idea when you feel ready to. They might be able to offer something to help. I found counselling quite helpful when I first went to my doctor.
    Ariana said:
    Glad you have a band that cheers you up a bit. :) But I know what you mean about it never leaving you and always being there in the background. I think speaking to a doctor about it is a really good idea when you feel ready to. They might be able to offer something to help. I found counselling quite helpful when I first went to my doctor.
    Yeah, fingers crossed that a doc can help. Omg, I'll have to write everything down as I'm not sure where I'd begin in explaining everything to them!... I'm just so, like... It's so hard to describe in words cause it's just, like, something really wrong with my brain just torturing me and torturing me... xD I don't even know what a healthy state of mind feels like. But yeah, it's just all really bad, lately especially. Like, I want a way to feel better.

Thanks a lot for your kindness btw 💖

Yeah, fingers crossed that a doc can help. Omg, I'll have to write everything down as I'm not sure where I'd begin in explaining everything to them!... I'm just so, like... It's so hard to describe in words cause it's just, like, something really wrong with my brain just torturing me and torturing me... xD I don't even know what a healthy state of mind feels like. But yeah, it's just all really bad, lately especially. Like, I want a way to feel better.

Thanks a lot for your kindness btw 💖

It's totally okay to write things down for the appointment, that's what I did! Whenever I try to talk to people about it my mind tends to go completely blank, so having some bullet points written down that I can even pass to the person if I find myself unable to speak really helps. I'm not sure I remember what a healthy mind feels like either! But wanting to feel better is definitely a good first step.

Aw, you're welcome. I really relate to a lot of what you say and it helps talking to people who understand, especially if (like me) people in your real life don't. xx
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Sending big hugs folks ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Missing not having Bella sleeping with my tonight 😐
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Omg. I Am so sad 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2019
    Sending hugs to those who need them. <3 You're not alone.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Meggles said:
    Hate myselfffffff
    You ok x 💖
    Attucally so annoyed at my sister right now - she has no right telling her dad that I’m LGBT 😭 
    Won't and can't go into it all but I'm suffering like hell. Hugs pleeeeeaaassee
    Won't and can't go into it all but I'm suffering like hell. Hugs pleeeeeaaassee
    Sending warm hugs to you kathleen <3 
  • thumperbearthumperbear Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    I feel soo sad I don’t know what to do anymore 😭😭
    Hugs @thumperbear xo Do you want to talk more about what's going on? 
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    sending hugs to all those who may need them right now :heart:

remember that we are here for each other 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    edited January 2019
    Feeling upset and hurt over stupid things that I probably have no right to feel upset and hurt over, and yet I still do. :'( Maybe I just expect too much from people?
    Ariana said:
    Feeling upset and hurt over stupid things that I probably have no right to feel upset and hurt over, and yet I still do. :'( Maybe I just expect too much from people?
    Hugs <3 You do have a right to feel upset whatever it is, If it hurts you, it hurts you. x
    Really don’t want to go back tomorrow , everyone  but one person in both of my classes hate me 😭
    Really don’t want to go back tomorrow , everyone  but one person in both of my classes hate me 😭
    Virtual hug <3
    Really shakey this morning. I really don’t want to go back 
This discussion has been closed.