Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Aurora said:
    If I could sleep now that would be great  :/ 
    Did you manage to get a little bit of sleep in the end Bubbles? 
    Got about half an hour before my alarm went off 🙈 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Aurora said:

I would say better than nothing, but only getting half an hour is horrendous, I would rather it be non! - Do you have work today? Is that why your alarm went off? Mine went off at 6 this morning and its my day off, and I've been up since! 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Bit late but do you not have a college shop @Millie2787 ? Ours does all the colored pads for people xo if not maybe amazon? X

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Laine said:
    Bit late but do you not have a college shop @Millie2787 ? Ours does all the colored pads for people xo if not maybe amazon? 

@Laine we do but they don’t stock them , I’ve tried looking on amazon but struggle to find the ones I need ( I use pale blue ) and the one I did find was an add on item so have to spend £20 to get it all the others were a dark blue colour 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    £20 just to get a pad?! 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

Laine said:

Yup cuz it’s a add on item 😂😂😂 literally I could go to paper chase but they only have yellow 🤦🏻‍♀️
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Laine said:

Yup cuz it’s a add on item 😂😂😂 literally I could go to paper chase but they only have yellow 🤦🏻‍♀️
    Crikey, had a little search myself, they are pricey, the college I went to used to give coloured paper away to the students who needed them. I did find one cheap one, £2.66

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JZRGTU4/ref=asc_df_B00JZRGTU457816209/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22110&creativeASIN=B00JZRGTU4&linkCode=df0&hvadid=217982896211&hvpos=1o6&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8444511473506656342&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046563&hvtargid=pla-421705947050&th=1&psc=1

Hope this helps. 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hey @aurora this is the one I was on about being a add on item and to get it you have to spend at least £20 on other things 
    Hey @aurora this is the one I was on about being a add on item and to get it you have to spend at least £20 on other things 
    Ah, you could invest in a few, then at least you'd be stocked up? Or treat yourself ;) - I always do! I get what you mean though, I dislike the £20 thing on amazon, I have amazon prime, so I'm not sure if they would add a delivery charge on or not on the item with Prime. 
    Aurora said:
    Aurora said:

I would say better than nothing, but only getting half an hour is horrendous, I would rather it be non! - Do you have work today? Is that why your alarm went off? Mine went off at 6 this morning and its my day off, and I've been up since! 
    it was horrendous! and yeahh I had work, told my manager the effects were making me feel ill and she let me home for 2 hours to nap haha, Best. Manager. Ever!
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Turn out mum was right - I need new glasses , my left eye is worse and have to wear them full time now 🤦🏻‍♀️
    Well it's good to hear that it's all fixed and the headaches should end Millie  :) xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

The one time I genuinely forgot to lock my bedroom door - he’s gone in and stole the chocolate I had brought for my niece 🤦🏻‍♀️
    Does anyone else find that once you're in recovery from an eating disorder/eating issues and you mention to your family that you love something that's high calorie they go overboard and buy the shop out of it? well yeahh… currenty have 21 bags of terrys chocolate orange exploding candy :lol: its too much! I know they're trying but I feel fat just looking at them.
  • thumperbearthumperbear Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    Arghhhhh people just don’t get it :( 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2019
    I know how disgusting I look. But what the fuck is wrong with my eyes. Swollen. Am I dying. Google says “Systemic diseases including kidney failure also can lead to general swelling throughout the body, including around the eyes.”

[edited by moderator]
    Post edited by TheMix on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Hi @Shaunie , given what's just happened with your nan have you been crying quite a lot? Sometimes crying lots can make your eyes swell up a bit like this. (I should know, I do quite a lot of crying....) Really hope it settles down for you in a few days. Sending hugs xx
    Ariana said:
    Hi @Shaunie , given what's just happened with your nan have you been crying quite a lot? Sometimes crying lots can make your eyes swell up a bit like this. (I should know, I do quite a lot of crying....) Really hope it settles down for you in a few days. Sending hugs xx
    I was thinking this but they stay swollen and all yesterday they was swollen and making me soo tired too
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Sat here taking in turns putting tea bags on my eyes hopin it will swell down by tomorrow cause I have work lol
    Everyone seems to have a life even those who claim they don’t, they have friends and meet up with them. I can’t rememver last time I met up with a friend. Not that I want everyone to be depressed aswell and not have friends. Just seems lonely and pointless
    Def got some kind of allergic reaction. I’ve changed a lot of the things I use.  I can’t see properly now lol. 
    Shaunie said:
    Def got some kind of allergic reaction. I’ve changed a lot of the things I use.  I can’t see properly now lol. 
    @shauine if you have any hay fever or anti-histemain tablets in the house they should help 
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    big virtual hugs to anyone at all who needs one <3
  • thumperbearthumperbear Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    edited January 2019
    Meggles said:
    What's the point. Nobody ever cares anyway
    Meggles I care x
    When someone can't stalk you anymore so they start stalking your friends 🙈🙈
    Definitely take an antihistamine @Shaunie
    If it doesn't help and your vision is still blurred you can always see a doctor if you are concerned or need strong ones xo
    Sending hugs everyone ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Fuck me changing your duvet cover is a dangerous job I’ve just scraped my shin whilst walking into my bed when sorting my duvet out 😂