Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

1-2-1 Chat on the Mix

ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
Hi everyone, I'm new here, and was just wondering if anyone has tried the Mix's 1-2-1 Chat feature? If so, did you find it helpful and what was it like? Wondering about trying it, but feeling a bit scared to and not really sure what it involves....

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Ariana, 

Welcome to The Mix

I personally haven't used the 1-1 chat service on here, but we are super friendly and supportive and a great community so I am sure if you do try the service you'll find it helpful, :heart:

I think the aim with the 1-1 chat service is to explore your situation and signpost to other organisations which may benefit from you,

Hope this has helped, try not to worry to much. :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Ariana echoing banana here 

I've not used the 1-2-1 chat but I hear a lot of people like it :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Thank you @*BananaMonkey* and @Laine , that's good to hear.  :) Still sort of finding my way around and seeing what's here, but feel very welcome already.
    Ariana said:
    Thank you @*BananaMonkey* and @Laine , that's good to hear.  :) Still sort of finding my way around and seeing what's here, but feel very welcome already.
    We're a lovely bunch, it's a great community. I've been a part of this community for about 7 years now, I don't seek support, I just support others :heart: 

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    That's great you've been here so long @*BananaMonkey* and that you like supporting others. Just so long as you remember to take good care of yourself too! This does seem like a very friendly place.
    Ariana said:
    That's great you've been here so long @*BananaMonkey* and that you like supporting others. Just so long as you remember to take good care of yourself too! This does seem like a very friendly place.
    :heart:
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @Ariana, and welcome to the community. :) Always good to get some first hand experiences and opinions of these things.

Just to add some info about the service itself: it's a little different to the way the community functions. Where the boards and group chat are designed for long-term use, our 1-2-1 service is more geared towards finding support options for you to then go on and contact. You could think of the 1-2-1 service a bit like a hospital triage - they'll listen to what's on your mind, then find the best place for you to get support based on what you've shared with them.

Hope that helps, and best of luck if you do give it a go. :) 

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    Thank you @The Mix for explaining what the different things are for, that's really helpful. I haven't worked out how to join a group chat yet but I quite like the sound of that. Think that's maybe more what I'm looking for. Would just really like to feel less alone with everything.