Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Having no hope

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
Hello I am feeling quite anxious about going into the new year because I still got the feeling that nothing will ever change for the better for me and I am still worried about what the new year is going to bring. Also I really hate it when no one seems to care about me or understand me at all and this is really wrong and bad as I should not be treated unfairly or differently from everyone else as we all have the same emotions, needs and wants. I know that we are all different but still it is not nice for anyone to be treated horribly either and unfortunately I am still being treated horribly now and I desperately want things to change and for me to finally have a good life but I feel like I don't know what to do anymore as I sometimes feel like I don't want to be on this earth anymore as I feel like just giving up now trying to get people to help me and understand me. I just want people to say helpful and kind things to me and I want kind and caring people around me too. :'(

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey

Sending hugs, sorry your struggling, I think there is lots of pressure with a new year but it's important to remember it's just another year. I know easier said than done.

You could maybe set yourself some small goals, 

Do you have any support in place?

We are always here for you. :heart: 

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I understand this feeling. The end of the year can be hard and make us feel so reflective on everything and feeling like next year will just be the same. I’m sorry people are horrible & you feel like giving up:( but there many nice, kind understanding people out there so I hope you find that support. We are here for you aswell. 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DarknessWithin97DarknessWithin97 Posts: 19 Settling in
    Hi there Sholay09,

I hope posting this has helped you in given you a sense of release. 
    The end of year/beginning of a new comes with reflection and future worry for many, including myself. To me, a new year means nothing but, as hard as it is, we must try to remain hopeful and think that it could be the fresh 'new' start that we need. 
    You're right, it is wrong how you feel you've been treated by others around you and that it is unfaif, of course it is. To be honest, no individual has the exact same emotions, needs and wants as we are all different and lead different lifestyles. Ie for some of us our wants end up being someone else's needs etc. We are all equal though.
    It's  natural and understanding that you want things to change and get better for you. What have you tried doing to help yourself with this, if anything? Sending care and hugs to you x

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Echoing everyone else,  there is loads of pressure and sometimes bad things about the new year it can really scare us. 

But the important thing is to remember everything nice about this year. 

Try writing down what happened that you enjoyed (even simple things)  to remind yourself :)

New year's resolutions aren't something I take part in personally but it doesn't mean we can't have goals.  Whatever you want to do set it as a goal!  And we'll be here through your journey if you need support xo

I'm sorry to hear that you are being treated horribly and feel people aren't kind.  I feel it's best to distantance yourself from these people if they won't listen, especially as they aren't worth your time.  You can find kindness in other people :) 

We're all here if you need us xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld