Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekly challenge #78

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Image result for decemberHey everyone,

I'm a bit late posting this up but I thought we could have a longer weekly challenge over the next couple weeks. I've seen quite a few photo a day challenges on Instagram on Pintrest and I thought we could do this on the boards for the rest of December. I've put together some themes for each day for the rest of this month. Share your photos below & don't forget to vote on the next challenge ideas!

• 20th December - Best part of winter
  • 21st December - Something sparkly 
  • 22nd December - Christmas pet
  • 23rd December - December sunset 
  • 24th December - Something green
  • 25th December - Tradition 
  • 26th December - Movie 
  • 27th December - Reflection 
  • 28th December - Wintery morning 
  • 29th December - Best part of your day
  • 30th December - Baking
  • 31st December - Midnight 

If you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting a weekly challenge idea or writing something for the newsletter, let us know over on this form.

Have fun!

Aife
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Weekly challenge #78 5 votes

Goals challenge
80% 4 votes
Writing challenge
20% 1 vote
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Best part about winter for me is writing in candlelight with a hot drink, there's something really calming about it. Also its bucketing it down ootside, hearing it hit my window and knowing I don't have to go out in it is the best feeling :lol:

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    The only sparkly thing I own, an early present from a friend :) 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    The Only thing kinda sparkly I own is the bag my necklace my brother got me came in x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Gotta love a 2.30pm sunset 🙈 at least the days are getting lighter now? :lol:

Something green uh a deckchair 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

Something green, the beer a guest at work gave me 😂 also my cat wanted in on the action so here's bubbles too 🤷 😂😂

They wanted to join in for the pic but yet Still doesn't have an impressed face Haha That's me at the Christmas parties 😂

Adorable though ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

@Laine she was raging cause I wouldn't give her, her catnip present until this morning :wink:  
    Tradition .. new Jammie's and the snowman! 😊 watch this film every year on Christmas 

• AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Best part of winter - cols weather
    Something sparkly - sparkly purple bag
    Christmas pet - my Labrador opening

Something green - the grinch - sorry if the picture offends you in any way. 

Tradition - eat chocolate for breakfest
    Movie - Harry Potter box set
    Reflection - been a roller coaster thats just this month
    Wintery morning - Never see them
    Best part of your day - bed
    Baking
    Midnight - Fireworks and hidding.

I got a little board
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    As I missed tradition yesterday I'll post it now (as I have some left 😂)

a good old glass (or 3)of sholer! White grape obviously ;) 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit

Sleepy Christmas pet. How cute😭🐶 <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited December 2018
    This time last year I had already quit college but this year I have stuck with it and maybe plan to keep going after Christmas break 😂

But in all seriousness I've done much better and I'm proud xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Best part of my day today was finally finding a pair of boots like this that weren’t going to break the bank ! 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    edited December 2018
    These are what I like to call “ I don’t know how to make them but I’ll wing it “ sausage rolls before they went in the oven - wouldn’t of thought I took GCSE food and nutrition would you 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

Post edited by Millie2787 on
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Ok they don’t look that bad now there out the oven 😂

• Lauren223Lauren223 Posts: 71 Budding Regular
    @Millie2787 those sausage rolls look delish <3
    How were they?
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Aw it's so nice seeing all of your photos from this weekly challenge! I'll do more of these weekly challenges! :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Lauren223 said:
    @Millie2787 those sausage rolls look delish <3
    How were they?
    @Lauren223 they were really nice and the bit of chutney in it added just the right amount of sweetness to them