Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The “last movie you watched” thread

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    The change-up
     (about third time now lol)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Jingle all the way! 

Really want to watch elf but saving it until I get to my partners 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Wonder - On Netflix! 

Such a feel good movie.  I cried (in a good way)! 

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Nativity
    Princess Switch
    Kissing Booth
    Elf

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Italia said:
    Wonder - On Netflix! 

Such a feel good movie.  I cried (in a good way)! 
    Ohhh I watched that made me cry aswell ! 

Ive just finished watching Toy story 2 and watched nativity 2 earlier 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Watched HEAT a few nights ago. Quite often gets praised as one of the best, if not the best heist movie ever. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood, because I didn't really enjoy it. The same thing happened with Guardians of the Galaxy, which ended up being one of my favourite movies of all time on a second viewing, so I might give it another go over the weekend.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    I’m currently watching Nativity as I missed it I’m bbc last night 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    edited December 2018
    Has anyone watched Bird Box???

Apperenlty is really good and been watched on over 45 millon  accounts on netflix in few days so i def need to find time to watch it 
    Post edited by Siena on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Has anyone watched Bird Box???

Apperenlty is really good and been watched on over 45 millon  accounts on netflix in few days so i def need to find time to watch it 
    I started watching this as soon as I sent this lol. IT IS SO GOODD!!!!  omg definetly recommend. Not many films I actually like but really liked it and was  intense
  • Lauren223Lauren223 Posts: 71 Budding Regular
    I have a yearly tradition where I end the year with Bee Movie. No idea why, but I am looking forward to it! :grin:
    Saving Private Ryan. What a masterpiece. <3
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    BirdBox on netflix, actually watched it on New years day, 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    I watched Birdbox too!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Aife said:
    I watched Birdbox too!
    what did you think?
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Aife said:
    I watched Birdbox too!
    what did you think?
    It was really good but lots of parts that were so sad :( 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Bird box was a lil sad. @Aife

Esp when she nearly let the little girl look because she wasn’t her daughter 😭😭😭 & all the people dying ofc

@Aife
    Have you seen the bird box challenges lol?  You should totally make that for the weekly challenge but where we have to type things blind folded.🙃  loll jokes aha

(I dunno if counts as a spoiler for bird box just doing it incase ha.)

Hey @Shaunie

Aw yeah that bit was so sad :( 

I haven't seen any of those challenges yet! I'll have to check them out and think of some ideas! 
    Currently working through the Dark Knight trilogy again.
    I’m a bit late of this one but last thing I’ve watch was Greatest Showman. But I don’t think I can even count that as watching as I just found that too boring so only watched like 20 mins. Just never have liked musicals (apart from high school musical ofc lol)

so then last thing I watched was Games Night which was quite funny & good 
    Molly's game
    edited February 2019
    Shaunie said:
    Molly's game
    This film blew me away when I saw it in cinemas. Absolutely wild story. I love Aaron Sorkin and Jessica Chastain can do no wrong.
  • NekolovesteaNekolovestea Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Shoplifters is the last movie I watched, really eye-opening on Japan, a country that is often idealized. People might find it boring though.
    “You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two.” 
    -Hayao Miyazaki
  • NekolovesteaNekolovestea Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    I need to watch Spirited away again!! I watched it like 2 weeks ago and I already need to watch it again, definitely my favorite movie of all time!
    “You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two.” 
    -Hayao Miyazaki
    I recently watched Crazy Rich Asians, it was such a good film!
    High school musical was part of my self care day 😂

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Annie 1999
    Roots
    Soon I am going to watch A Time To Kill for my religious studies homework.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Great choice @Millie2787 I recently rewatched all those movies a few weeks ago! 

I watched The Vow yesterday! Got to love Channing Tatum <3
    edited March 2019
    @Aife of course there the best ones going 😂

Started to rewatch Mrs brown D’movie yesterday 
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I am watching clueless as we speak - classic :) 
    The sun will rise and we will try again