Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's on the menu?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    For breakfast this morning I had bacon and eggs and 2 lesbians.
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Those poor lesbians, how could you discriminate @Floxy  😂😂 hope you enjoyed it :)

I've never tried Gregg's pasta pots yet, I'm still quite new to Gregg's as whole being from the south but I do enjoy their sarnies 😍 we're having a roast chicken for tea too, good old Sunday!  😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    @Thoughtsy @Laine because of this I am now cooking a roast for denner :lol:  With quorn pigs in blankets cause I have no quorn chicken in lol
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    I love the qourn pigs in blankets! I have some leftover I'm adding to it, we had just enough qourn chicken 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    Laine said:
    Those poor lesbians, how could you discriminate @Floxy  😂😂 hope you enjoyed it :)

I've never tried Gregg's pasta pots yet, I'm still quite new to Gregg's as whole being from the south but I do enjoy their sarnies 😍 we're having a roast chicken for tea too, good old Sunday!  😂
    Hahaa @Laine but having recently been to England and to Gregg's, their cornish pasties were so  delicious that I had two! Plus I shared a Mexican chicken salad which was equally good. @Thoughtsy is a fan of Gregg's so that's why we went. Quorn pigs in blankets sound interesting.

Tonight the family are having pizza cooked in a wood fired oven so its crust will be delicious, but I'm having a traditional hearthbread, red onion and rosemary focaccia drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.

• Options
    Real Chocolate Spread is treasure that Sophie found (reference below). It doesn't have that nasty oil that nutella has, and here is its recipe which Peggy made so easily that we had it for tea this afternoon, spread straight onto nice crunchy toast and accompanied with a pot of good tea.

Takes just 10 minutes to prepare.

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup water
    3.5 oz granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
    1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
    pinch of salt
    1 teaspoon real Madagascan vanilla extract
    4 oz bittersweet chocolate finely chopped (about 2/3 cup)
    5 oz unsalted butter softened and cubed

In a small saucepan, combine the water, granulated sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt.

Place the pan over medium heat and stir until the sugar and cocoa powder dissolve.

Continue to heat the pan, stirring frequently, just until it reaches a simmer.

Once simmering, remove the pan from the heat and add the vanilla extract, chopped chocolate, and cubed butter.

Whisk until the chocolate and butter melt and the mixture is completely smooth.

When it's freshly made, this spread will have the consistency of hot fudge sauce.

Pour the spread into a jar or other container with a lid.

Press a layer of plastic wrap on top of the chocolate to prevent a skin from forming, and refrigerate it until it thickens.

If it's too cold to spread easily, let it sit at room temperature for a short while before serving.

Store it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. But it won't last that long.

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,794 Master Poster
    Didn`t eat breakfast. Had sausage rolls and crisps for lunch. Having ham and pineapple pizza for dinner.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Yesterday I had sausage, egg, bacon, toast and orange juice for breakfast, cheeseburger with chips for lunch and chicken with lemon sauce for dinner.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Thursday- 4 sausages, egg, beans, bacon, toast and orange juice for breakfast. Same lunch as Friday. Ham, egg and chips with chocolate fudge cake and ice cream for dinner.
  • Options
    Wednesday- Didn`t eat breakfast. Ham, egg and chips for lunch. Didn`t eat dinner

• Options
    Floxy said:
    Laine said:

Hahaa @Laine but having recently been to England and to Gregg's, their cornish pasties were so  delicious that I had two! Plus I shared a Mexican chicken salad which was equally good. @Thoughtsy is a fan of Gregg's so that's why we went. Quorn pigs in blankets sound interesting.

Tonight the family are having pizza cooked in a wood fired oven so its crust will be delicious, but I'm having a traditional hearthbread, red onion and rosemary focaccia drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.

Ooh Gregg's Cornish pasture,  IDK how I feel about that 😂 at least it wasn't ginsters 😂

Pizza sounds yummy!  

I just had a McDonald's before starting to pack 😋

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Today- Sausage and egg sandwich for breakfast. Poppadoms, chicken tikka, chicken with a sauce, pineapple, lyche, rice and coconut ice cream for lunch. Dunno for dinner.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    I had a bowl of crave for breakky and for lunch I’ve had rice Cake bear , ham and cucmeber wholemeal wrap and some Jaffa cakes - yumm yumm and once I’ve finished college I’ll go to Waitrose and get a veggie Somosa whilst waiting for my taxi to pick me up for young carers 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Cookies for breakfast (They were the cereal kind though) And cookies for a snack now. Such a healthy diet 
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
  • Options
    Breakfast- nothing
    Lunch- Hot dog with potato wedges and a cookie
    Dinner- Pasta with sausages and sweetcorn (hopefully won`t feel sick tonight)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    taramasalata with pitta late snack
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,309 Part of The Furniture
    edited November 2018
    Just dropping in here to say I moved this thread over to Travel & Free Time, as the Food & Drink forum is technically for support-related food threads. :)

continues to lurk for inspiration
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    I had pork steaks with sweet corn last night 💖 and of course pork steaks have to have apple sauce and melted cheese on 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Just dropping in here to say I moved this thread over to Travel & Free Time, as the Food & Drink forum is technically for support-related food threads. :)

continues to lurk for inspiration
    Thanks Mike! Never occurred to me which so thanks for helping me and my simple minded brain 😂

As for me: the college Wi-Fi was down, and they didn't have much food,  so I brought a cheese and pickle sarnie, and had a bag of crisps and that was it today (no brekkie oops!) felt like the world was coming to an end 😂

Naked noodles for tea(singapore curry obviously 😂)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    Literally had scrambled egg on toast as my only meal today and yesterday. I might make a second round of eggs today just to make it a bit healthier xD

@Laine Cheese and pickle yasss! You can't go wrong with cheese and pickle <3
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
  • Options
    Today-
    No breakfast (like usual)
    Sandwich, ham roll and cookie for lunch
    2 digestives, orange squash and 2 small haribo packs for snack
    Haven`t had dinner yet

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    I had chicken chow mein🙃
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    I had chicken chow mein🙃
    Ooh yummy!  Xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    edited December 2018
    Deleted 
    - there’s always some shame with what I eat - no matter what- for some weird reason
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I get that Shaunie I used to feel the same way,  hope you're okay 💜

Breakfast: peanut butter toast with crisps on top. 

Lunch: spaghetti with cheese, crisps crunched on top,  and cheese puffs to dip in (formally known as: spaghetti surprise) 😂

Tea: not sure yet but will likely have some cheese and broccoli pasta and sauce 

(and of course I had my advent calendar chocolate today 😂)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    a very late tea of butternut squash & pumpkin seed vegan pasta salad :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Breakfast: Sausage and egg roll
    Lunch: Didn't have anything 
    Dinner: Chicken with potatoes and vegetables 
    Snacks: Hot dog, crisps and bread
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    breakfast: Shreddies
    Lunch: egg & bacon barm
    Snack: cheese & crackers........a chocolate bar too
    Dinner: dont know yet
    The sun will rise and we will try again