Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Angry at annoying parents

cal192cal192 Posts: 17 Settling in
I'm so sick of having to spend time with them. Yes I know I should be lucky to have parents but my father makes up lies about me to get my attention. And he also shows pictures of me to his work friends to show off "his daughter" and his old mates ask if im single. Gross. 
Hes only been in my life a few years cause he stopped seeing us to be with  someone else. 

And my mam has never showed me any affection growing up. I felt so lonely and unwanted growing up. And over the  past year she has said horrible things about me. That I feel sorry myself, that I'm a jealous person and that I am an embarrassment just because I haven't got married and had kids yet and my older sister has. !!? 
And now whenever i want to spend with my sister she has to bring our mum along 🙄😤. 

Whenever I want to be alone for one weekend my mum makes out she have a crap life just cause I don't want to go down and my dad keeps asking to see me even though I told him no im sorry and then goes in a mood. Wouldnt think they're in their 50s! 
So annoyed help? 

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey cal, 

Welcome to The Mix 

Sorry to hear what your going through. 

I can relate to what you said about your mum not showing you any affection as you were growing up, and how that can impact your relationship now, my mum was the same with me. I guess my mum wasn't very maternal, 

Do you feel like you could open up to your sister about how your feeling? Maybe without your mum or dad there. 

Sending hugs.

Keep posting if it helps, we are here 

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • cal192cal192 Posts: 17 Settling in
    Thank ypu BananaMonkey,

Yeah you're right there. It really does effect your relationship.
     I couldn't tell my sister anything about her cause my mum and her are like best friends she would her what I said straight away. She did it in the past. 

Oh right, sorry to hear that you can't open up to your sister. 

Do you have anybody else you can talk to about things, you can always talk to us, we are here :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • cal192cal192 Posts: 17 Settling in
    I feel like I can't talk to anyone cause I don't trust anyone. Even my cousins make me feel like they don't like me. They say to my sister online do you fancy going to theres but they never ask me? I feel like the odd one out. 
    Don't know what I've done to be isolated all my life and still to this day. 😞😪 
    Have you thought about maybe speaking to somebody who you can trust, a professional about how you are feeling? Like a teacher, doctor.

Just a suggestion if you're going through a difficult time. 

We are always here too :heart:
  • AdamAdam Deactivated Posts: 25 Boards Initiate
    Hey @cal192

It's been a while since you have last posted, how are you feeling?

How have things been gong with your family this week?

Hope you are okay :)
    -------
    Adam
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey,

sorry know is a late reply but also wanted to ask how you’re doing now?

i hear you and can relate to some parts. But definetly ignore their comments about comparing you to your older sister who’s got married ect.  People do things at different times in their life and it’s not an embarrassment at all. 

Know you said you don’t feel like you can talk to anyone about it but glad you posted here. Do you have anything you like to do on your own? Or with other people outside of your family life? Maybe good distraction if dont :)

all the best
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley