Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you grateful of today?

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited November 2018
    Grateful to be in the warmth and to have a bed :) and i think of the homeless esp when it starts to get cold :(
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited November 2018
    Grateful of a cute puppy waking me up every morning. Grated it is always early nevertheless is still cute 🙃
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Grateful of having such supportive colleagues 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Carolyn and Stephanie in general chat. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Weird one but paracetamol and iboprofen ! 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Realise how grateful of sleep i am when i get days i cant sleep. Ha. Lol pls can i just be like dead for a few hours to the world soon
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    edited December 2018
    Today my mam went to lidl while I was at college. This is oddly specific but every Christmas I love a bag or two of cheese and chive wheels from lidl.

Anyway I came home and found out she had brought me two bags(i won't eat them all at once 😂) and two more to take up as I won't be here for Christmas.

It was so simple just her thinking about what I like most but I'm so grateful like I just needed that 💕 

Reminds me that doing something for someone doesn't have to be hard x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    To be able to walk
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Social Services because they might be able to find me somewhere to stay when my mum goes into hospital.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    My old manager... he just said he's proud of me and honestly it means so much :) while I was in hospital a few years ago and everyone was making me sort my will and shit cause they didn't think I would be around much longer, he believed I would be and kept my job safe for when I got home, I don't think he realized how much that meant to me, having something to come home too, and him never giving up on me :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    That sounds so lovely bubbles! I'm glad :) xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I am grateful for my family and friends, and also to part of this lovely community. I have been a member on here for many years now, and I love supporting people on here. You are all so lovely and kind to each other. :heart: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    As I brought my boyfriends family a few gifts I realised in that moment even while I didn't fork out loads I still have enough to see him and get them nice things and be all warm on Christmas and others don't. 💕

I brought a toy for the children's hospice and donated some money to a local homeless charity x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

The NHS
    Definitely agreed Shaunie! xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

People who just sit with me when I need them - no questions asked - just are there when I need them 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Today I am grateful for only working three days, yeah they are 12 hour days, and I work alternate weekends, but today has been my day off, and I've been able to just relax and chill. Sometimes I feel bad for not doing anything when it's my day off, but today I've embraced it and I've had a really lovely day :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Grateful to the recovery man who calmed me down after I had a car accident by just being kind. There are some amazing human beings on this planet and he is one of them. I didn't really even get the chance to say thank you as I was in shock but I think he knew I was thankful anyway. <3
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Oh and my poor little car who sacrificed herself so I would be ok!!! I walked away from it with no serious injuries! Thank you and RIP my little Twingo!
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    Always feel grateful about all the other times & nights, I do not have a cold. - when Iam feeling sorry for myself with a cold ah
    Coaches,  for letting me see my partner at a reasonable price(even if the journey takes 14 hours 😂)

Roll on tomorrow! 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

edited December 2018
    The youth worker who left for a new job has come back for the Christmas meal Tonight 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    A very understanding workplace that doesn't mind me sleeping through my alarm and being an hour late. :tongue: 
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Mike said:
    A very understanding workplace that doesn't mind me sleeping through my alarm and being an hour late. :tongue: 
     @Mike   When can I start 😂😂😂

Placements like this I can be like an hour late and She don’t care and then still let’s me leave half hour early 
    My little niece who just will sit there and give you a cuddle for hours on end 💖 
    And now she’s playing peekaboo with me 😩💖 attucally melts my heart 
     Grateful of my dog ❤️

Gotta love dogs ❤
    Grateful I can see my partner even if it ain't all the time xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

forgot to post but yesterday morning/afternoon was for a kind and understanding Ambulance crew 💖
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    My darling pets (as always) xD <3