Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

? Not sure

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit

Know this is probably too early to be asking about christmas presents. Ha. Not that ive started christmas shopping generally lol. 

But where i live, there is a tree in town for Spurgeons Children’s Charity and on the christmas tree it has cards of childrens names on, in this charity - to be able to get them a christmas present, who may otherwise not get one. 

And basically i am wondering does anyone know what a 10 year old girl would like ? 

Cause that is what i got but i have no idea what to actually get. And is just the sooner i get it - when i actually have money is probably better 🙃 & cause i really wanna get another name after if have money ha.  Last years ive get boys who are younger which kinda was easier to think. Still kinda hard as being so general about it ah but if anyone has any idea would be really grateful

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Maybe some art things ? I know some places do a box of art supplies for like £5 ish 

some of the more adult colouring books , like mandala patterns and some pens/pencils to go with 

some dolls like barbies or similar 

maybe like you could get a few pairs of the thick snuggly socks or some slippers and inknow my ten year old self loved them 💖
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    One of those art sets thtt comes in a mini brief case thingys
    Crazy mad insane
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    I don't have a gift suggestion, but I wanted to drop in and say how amazing this idea is. I got weirdly emotional reading it! What a kind thing for people to do.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    An art set is a good idea. Since it's winter, a pair of gloves or a hat would be handy too. Books are a great gift for anyone :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited November 2018
    Aw thank you all! This is helpful. 

Ive also watched some youtube vidoes of “what i got for my 10 th birthday” lol. Im going into town today to look for presents. Quite excited ha 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Heyy,

Dont suppose anyone could help me  - on if this will be okay for a 10 year old. 😊 I have no idea. Ha 

Cause i was in town yesterday and got the present. Though i was trying to find art sets which i just couldnt find any. For some reason. But i went in The Works & loads of stuff in there. So did get something else which cant really explain without sending the picture aswell to see if it looks okay for 10 year old. 

The first picture is off a light up star, that they can paint. Just thought it would look nice and is creative too. And second picture is nail stuff. 

Would this be okay for 10 year old girl? I also got a pen and note book. And just need to get some battaries for the lights.
    but  Not too young looking right? I mean i think i would of liked this when i was 10 but yeah like maybe things change since then. And i mean i would like the light up thing now lol. So do get confused on what age appropriate. ha. 
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Shaunie said:
    Heyy,

Dont suppose anyone could help me  - on if this will be okay for a 10 year old. 😊 I have no idea. Ha 

Cause i was in town yesterday and got the present. Though i was trying to find art sets which i just couldnt find any. For some reason. But i went in The Works & loads of stuff in there. So did get something else which cant really explain without sending the picture aswell to see if it looks okay for 10 year old. 

The first picture is off a light up star, that they can paint. Just thought it would look nice and is creative too. And second picture is nail stuff. 

Would this be okay for 10 year old girl? I also got a pen and note book. And just need to get some battaries for the lights.
    but  Not too young looking right? I mean i think i would of liked this when i was 10 but yeah like maybe things change since then. And i mean i would like the light up thing now lol. So do get confused on what age appropriate. ha. 
    I think that would be okay for a 10 year old, it's a sweet idea :heart:

I find christmas shopping so stressful, but I've made a wish list on amazon on presents I need to buy, so feeling a bit more better about the whole christmas presents stress. 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I think they would love it shauine 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Thank yous for help 😊