Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What does your avatar say about you?

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
Heyy

So a picture can say a lot - a thousand words apparently. 

So whatever your picture is atm - why have you choosen it? And does it mean anything to you? Would be interesting to read :)

I change mine a bit - but at the moment i just have it cause i just like the look of it and the colours and shapes of pinkish &  black & triangles and Not over done but still looks interesting and nice
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I have no idea what mine represents, i really love the pastel goth lifestyle and this art was based on that. i guess the picture spoke to me most because of all the flowers and hearts especially the black one, which could represent wearing a front, when in reality you're kind and loving deep down but maybe don't show it outright so you don't get hurt?

or maybe its just a nice picture haha x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    The boards upgrade killed my animation  :'( 
    Though it works if you go to my profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrph2EW9VjY
    Weekender Offender 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
    edited November 2018
    I change my avatar way too much. I tend to go for cool pieces of digital art - nothing with any deep meaning, just anything visually pleasing. I ran with this one for a very long time, which is probably still my fav:

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    my avatar is the view from the air ambulance on one of my trips to hospital, we landed at an out of use airport and we had to fly between 2 bridges to land and it was quite spectacular, and not many people can say they've done it lol, I just picked it cause I liked the  view :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for sharing all X

Ive changed mine already lol. But couldnt help cause i just love Disney   Never too old for disney
    & is from Lion King and is Simba and

Simba repersents strength and courage as he goes from someone who cant defend himself or others to then being king. Just gotta love Lion King😭 <3<3 🦁👑
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited November 2018

Im pretty proud of my creativeness on Snapchat TBH

— How i feel is a lot more suffering & deeper than what people can see  

But yeah am sure i wont keep on there long cause,- face. Lol. But it is exactly how i feel

• LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    My profile pic is generally a picture of me, or a drawing I did. It's a picture of me right now obviously, but I can't say why I do that. I guess I just want people to know what I look like :sweat_smile:

That and I kind of want to show off my cool coloured hair since I'll be getting it changed in a couple weeks. 
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    I haven't changed mine in a 2 years? In december. Mine represent that music allows me to be free from all life's roles
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Mine is a picture I took when I was on holiday one time :heart: I thought it looked kinda cool. 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Mine is a picture I took on holiday one year, I thought it looked kinda cool. I'm rather into photography :heart: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    My cat. She is so cute and brings comfort when I`m sad
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Kasa2103 said:
    My cat. She is so cute and brings comfort when I`m sad
    Aye @kasa2103, cats are always comforting. Much like dogs too :p 

Feel free to add some pics of your kitty in the pet pictures thread 
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Mine vaguely shows how creative I am 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    I spent my summer hanging out with some cool birds of prey-the picture here is Ruby, she's a tawny owl and when that was taken she was 12 weeks old, she's much bigger and less fluffy now!
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Mine is one of my sketches I thought looked okay, I'll probably change it again soon once I loose confidence in my drawing haha 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Mine is a sloth because I love sloths, and has a cup of tea because I LOVE tea, but also it kinda represents the person I'm trying to be - calm and content :smile:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Mine says that I love space and the colour purple! :lol: Not the deepest meaning ever but I just think it's a really pretty image.

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    My beautiful boyfriend  (and no I'm not fucking around- 😉😉 @Skive
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    edited November 2018
    Mine's a fanart of Avril Lavigne! I love music and arts :D

@Shaunie by the way, I love your avatar - it looks cool! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Kasa2103 said:
    I'm confused. Your boyfriend is a monkey? 
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    I'm confused. Your boyfriend is a monkey? 
    Yeah
    That I love Christmas and want it to Be Christmas even though it’s 2nd December 😂😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    edited January 2019

I just like the look of it and also because I feel lonely and alone that I may aswell be on the moon or somewhere lol but Sometimes it’s peaceful being alone & observe things 

I quite like mandala patterns and had a thing for navy blue ish colour when I changed it 😂
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Didn't put a lot of thought into mine.... it's just the horse I ride in my riding lessons and riding is my favourite thing in the world.