Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Found out that i have been awarded a scholarship for University because of my sporting achievements! So so happy and its given me more of a reason to work hard at recovery for my foot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Esme17 said:
    Found out that i have been awarded a scholarship for University because of my sporting achievements! So so happy and its given me more of a reason to work hard at recovery for my foot.
    This is fantastic news! WOOHOO, I'm so happy for you @Esme17  =)
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    I had a really good first day at placement though I feel like I’m  gonna have death by 3 year olds pecking my face with various animals 😂😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    edited October 2018
    School wasn’t great but I had a great first Italian class, which from now on I will be learning. It’s such a beautiful language and I really like it, almost as much as i like French :) 
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    edited October 2018
    I have litetally just spent hours de cluttering my room and wardrobe and now have bags of clothes for the charity shop that i never wear. 

And i still had a load of college papers that i was kinda reading through. And though i thought i hated college. I kind of miss the stress and having a life. Even it was stressful. So  maybe weird but it kinda have given me motivation to sort my life as well as my drawers lol. 
    So have applied for a DBS check now. I just need to print of a peice of paper and give to the post office. Hopefully will come back okay cause have been involved with police a few times :/
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    You should Be ok @shaunie  as long as it isn’t like GBH , anything to do with children - I’ve got a few safe and well checks on mine and it was fine
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    You should Be ok @shaunie  as long as it isn’t like GBH , anything to do with children - I’ve got a few safe and well checks on mine and it was fine
    Ah i hope so. Thanks!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Survived 6 days in a row at work! (might not seem like much but it's a huge deal for me) now for a well deserved 3 days off :) absolutely shattered!
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    Survived 6 days in a row at work! (might not seem like much but it's a huge deal for me) now for a well deserved 3 days off :) absolutely shattered!
    Yay great job Bubbles, we are all so proud of you! <3 

Get some rest and take care of yourself x
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
  • Options
    Aw yay
    i just had an email to say my DBS certificate has been process and the results are clear and no information was recorded. (Have been arrested then dearrested a few times and been involved with police in MH crisis so was unsure) and that the certifcate should come in the post. 
  • Options
    had a good therapy session today and as a wee treat I got my hair cut... for the first time in like 2 years lol, its terrible I know but with everything that's been going on with my mental health getting my hair cut was the last thing on my mind, but its done now and its so short haha, im not used to this.
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Been learning to touch type recently. Its been hard as i struggle with memory. Today I re-took one of my units tests for touch typing and got 100% last time i got 76%. Done 5 activities today getting above 95% which i am so happy about. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    What to do when I’m feeling down and depressed I know Panckaes ,
    ive just made aload in pancakes and mumma bear and I really enjoyed them 🥞 
    i don’t need no recipe just wing it 😂😂
  • Options
    Today arrived my great bargain. A Boker Plus Rold bush knife for half retail price! =)
  • Options
    Next being half-term we've taken in another family of 6: Mum and Dad, their 2 teenage daughters and 2 teenage sons to stay with us up in Port de Sóller. They are relatives of  couple who are already staying at our hotel in Can Picafort/Muro, so the more the merrier plus 2 dogs! :joy:  Since our villa is not registered as commercial, the family of 6 are offering to contribute towards their food etc. That was very nice of them since I was going to ask. Frankly, we'd sooner have a whole bunch of family enjoying themselves instead of half of them staying at home. Also means more folk to enjoy bbq with us.

We'll then have 4 families staying with us, including the Spanish family whose home was wrecked in last week's storms and also the British couple and their daughter we took in. It's not going to be too inconvenient since a car hire company we know have offered the extra family a very nice Land Rover. It's the people we know that count in the hospitality trade. We help them out and they help us. Altogether, that's good for everyone. =)
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Sat in English had a Harry potter extract to read and now i have coffee!! Happy me no one can put me in a bad mood. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    I go to recovery college tomorrow for ‘Induction to recovery’ Really nervous is 2 hours and 30 mins with people i dont know but Definetly will do my best to go :)
  • Options

Thank you to everyone who managed to convince me to go on this trip, we docked half an hour ago and I haven't stopped smiling 😁😁😂 also since I'm in such a good mood I'm going OVER my meal plan and having a vegetarian cooked breakfast 😊 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Good for you @BubblesGoesBoo !!! You deserve happiness!

edited to add, managed a really good nap this afternon after such an early start this morning. Also pleased we've not had any bad storms yet. Yet! :p
  • Options
    Can finally be able to see more clearly. Thought i made myself blind
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,794 Master Poster
    edited October 2018
    Learning how to sign Thousand Years
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    On my own tonight and usually use that as an excuse not to eat and to harm myself, but not tonight. Having a Chinese and watching some Netflix, then going to use my lush bath bomb cause I have a bath! (Don't have one at home so always request one in a hotel ) 😂 mood is okay for once which is unusual so just going to roll with it 😊 
  • Options
    So happy Right now surrounded by friends I haven’t seen in ages , watching movies and eating shit 💖
  • Options
    Once again thanks to everyone who managed to convince me to go on my trip, had a brilliant time, ate well everyday, didn't hurt myself AT ALL and I had fun :) despite the stress of my boat nearly being cancelled cause of the weather...
  • Options
    MAP98MAP98 Posts: 18 Settling in
    My mum has just brought home a fleece and a blanket which was my grandads, who passed last month, home and it smells like him and his house and it's making me so happy to somehow be in his company again ❤
  • Options
    Was feeling down about heading home today, and leaving my friends, but then my colleague messaged me and I've been nominated employee of the month!  =) quite impressed since I've been on holiday most of the month haha, they must miss me right? Lol .
  • Options
    I managed to get through the whole weekend and went to work and didnt do anything damaging to myself. Never as bad as my mind makes it out to be
  • Options
    Just been nominated employee of the year!  =) now somehow got to pluck up the courage to travel to London in March for the company Awards   :# 
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,794 Master Poster
    Might get a Jack Petchey award.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous