Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

One positive thought a day

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
Image result for start each day with a positive thought

Hey everyone, 

We recently had a weekly challenge about sharing one positive thing about your day. I thought this would make a nice thread for the Positivity Corner :) 

Try and think of one positive thing about your day, no matter how small your positive thought might be, share it with us all below :) 

- Aife
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Tagged:

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I got through the day and so did Teddy & we are glad bonfire night is over. :) 
    Hopefully is all of it and wont be any tomorrow. Ah 😒

(I am writing this past 12 but until i am asleep its the same day to me ha)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    I told myself I will write in here today, today turned into sort of 1 in the morning. My first positive though was my exam went well this morning (won't say i nearly fainted and fell down the stairs 😂). My second positive though was how lucky am I to have friends who care about me and love to be around me as well as making me laugh. We each have that person in are life we just might not of met them yet. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Kinda last night but still... watched the fireworks from the boat with the northern lights in the background... never seen such a spectacular view .. never felt that level of calm either :lol: it's put me in a good mood for today :) also second positive... I'm employee of the month  =) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    edited November 2018
    This is such a tiny positive but i was in work and someone asked me how they speak about a positive review for a staff memeber- i don’t know why but i just found it so lovely (even tho i obviouly wasnt that staff member lol) but i always hear customers complaining about staff all the time and it was just so nice to hear soemthing positive and how Kind she was too was lovely. And i had a lot of lovely customer today speaking to me which was really nice
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I found out Ive been nominated employee of the year! I was really shocked to find out as ive been in hospital a lot in the last few months and felt like I was letting work down by not showing up, but looks like they noticed I was making as much effort as I could to go in, even if I wasn't feeling up too it :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I'm trying to think of a positive but I caved in with my anxiety and went to the doctors today.

I guess the positive is I was honest about my anxiety and she gave me some things to help and told me to come back for some medication if counselling doesn't work 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    edited November 2018
     Really like my hair a lot shorter. Got my sister to cut it Today  and feels so much better & fresher - shorter.😊 And definetly a noticable cut. Never really have my hair this short but actually think prefer it, shortens my face a lil too🙃
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    I'm really liking my image at the moment; feeling really comfortable in my own skin. I also got more on top of planning my work over the past couple of days. :) 
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Got my first essay results back today, it's doesn't say the words pass, merit or distinction but the words 'a really good piece of work that describes, explains and comments critically on rock on roll and it's development.' What is all 3 of the area of the assignment brief. Only 1 area to be changed what I am made up about. 

@Mike I do like your at the moment. Makes me want to change mine to something more colourful 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    edited November 2018
    @Abigail I dont think @Mike was speaking about his avatar? :) ah
    Shaunie said:
    Think outside the box. Not everything is as straight forward as you think. 

Presentation all done, didn't go to bad although clearly I am rusty on them and still fairly ill, looking at other still look like I am top of the class lol. 
    Abigail said:
    Shaunie said:
    Think outside the box. Not everything is as straight forward as you think
    ? I just meant i  think Mike was saying about his actual physical apperance not his avatar 
    I am still alive. (Think is positive)
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    edited December 2018
    I'm bleddy boiling in this lecture room but I've got all my coursework for today done all on the time and while I'm not having much fun with my BDD lately I am appreciative of my personality and how hard I've worked :) X

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    This is such a nice thread, really great to see so many positives :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    My positive is from yesterday, I got through my first ever inspection at work, and it was actually a really lovely shift at work, (Doesn't happen very often) :wink: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    edited December 2018
    Half way through decorating my room 😊

Nearly painted all m room. Dont tell me to take a picture of behind the bed ;) laziness to the extreme ahhaha. Obviously need new curtains cause they’re horrible and not even mine and need to decorate it more so don’t look so plain and going to make me dressing table look better and I want a bed frame again. but im pretty proud of how is going so far. 

@Shaunie Looks really good, love your christmassy bedding :heart:
    I enjoyed my bus rides today lol. They’re so relaxing to me
    Shaunie said:
    I enjoyed my bus rides today lol. They’re so relaxing to me
    I feel relaxed on buses too, :heart:

and on trains :+1:
    I’ve started writing my CV and feel better and seeing all the things I have actually achieved like in school but written down seemed like quite a lot and quite good. And achieved more than feel I have 
    edited January 2019

Thought i may aswell update my room on the thread i posted it on when i was painting my wall. 

But look at the difference!!!  Did it all my self. 🙃 painted the walls, got new curtains ect. Then did the shelves and then made a flat pack bed
    and this morning i painted radiator and door.  I like it so much better. It feels so much cleaner and fresher 😊😊😊😊😊feels so new. So happy with myself lol

Before 

After

edited January 2019
    & nother postive of today is there is only one day left of janurary 🙂. 
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I have made it through January! Yay! 

Also my positive thought for the day is that I have a snow day off college and used the afternoon to do some work at home instead. I have stayed safe today and not self harmed. 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @Shaunie your room looks so nice! I love your fairy lights they look so pretty :) 

Really well done @Jellyelephant <3 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    edited February 2019
    teddy is so cute. he knows everyones name now. my sister says "wheres Shaunie" and he comes runing up to me and licking my face every single time!!!!!

and this morning he has learnt the name of one of his toys. his faviourate toy is a christmas chipmuck and his toy is called "chippy" (we have names for nearly everyone one of his toys looooll). so we was like "wheres Chippy" he ran to his toy box and got Chippy 😭😭😭😭was the most cutest thing
    Quite like the weather right now
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    My niece every time she hears me cough so comes over and gives me a hug and goes “Aimee poorly throat “ 😍
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Let there be cake and cookie dough ice cream. - really craving ice cream right now so that's my random quote
    Think this counts as a "postive thought" of the day