Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi, I'm Emma!

LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
I completely forgot that the introduce yourself section even existed until today, so I figured I'd just post an intro here anyway. It's only 2 months late :sweat_smile:

My name is LabraBell, but you might also know me as Emma. 

I am 17 years old, female and pansexual. I have a relatively troubled past, but I try not to let it get in the way of me being who I am. 

In the future, I want to be a police dog handler. This way I can make use of my love for dogs as well as my passion for helping others, and do it all in a way that will satisfy my hunger for adrenaline and my hatred of monotonous tasks.

As a person I am very logical, but at the same time I'm very creative and enjoy drawing and writing poetry and fiction. I'm pretty good at adjusting my tone when writing too, so I try to use that to make people feel comfortable as I talk to them. You'll have to let me know if it works :p 

At this point in time, I am going through a few problems with my will to live. Having said that, I've recently come to realise that providing other people with support is my reason to keep going, and so I'm always happy to have a chat to you if you're struggling with anything. You'll see me around on the boards, or you can private message me, and I'll get back to you when I can. I thoroughly enjoy being able to support people, and it's a pleasure to me to be able to give them advice that they appreciate. 

I'm a quirky sort of person, always ready to make a joke or a pun, and always equipped with a sheepish smile :sweat_smile:. But if you need me to be serious, I will be, in a flash. 

My hobbies include drawing, writing, poetry, support and watching every kind of emergency services documentary I can find. I live off them. 999WYE, countryside 999, 999 on the front line, cops uk, brit cops, road wars, inside the ambulance, trauma, helicopter heroes, police interceptors, traffic cops, motorway patrol, nothing to declare, stop search seize... you name it, I've probably seen it. 

My favourite type of music is rock music. I love it. A lot. Linkin park, Black veil brides, Bring me the horizon, Fall out boy, Falling in reverse, Ghost, Incubus, Seether, All that remains, Bad wolves, Evanescence, Mushroomhead, Slipknot, Epica, You me at six, sleeping with sirens, 3 doors down, papa roach, disturbed, Stone sour, 3 days grace. I know a lot of bands. I also have an ear for songs with a lot of lyrical meaning. if you're going through a tough time, chances are I'll have a song that you can really relate to with that tough time.

That's all I can think of for now. Surprisingly it took me an hour to write this! 

But if you want to know any more about me I'm open to questions lol, and I look forwards to seeing you around on the boards or in support chats :D
What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Great to see the intro Emma! i'm sure i did one many moons ago but it sucked and i was thinking of making another aha!

love the bands!  i listen to absolutely everything! and so some often get neglected, i'll defo get back to bvb and sws 

i've tried emergency services shows but really trigger my HA however i love murder shows and docs and somehow i'm fine with that haha

love that you found hope in helping others it defo can make you feel better about yourself, :)

your dream jobs sounds great i never thought about how you could combine helping others and animals x

i'd love to be a coach driver because you know, road trips! haha but i'f love to volunteer in youth work on the side. (casually goes to turn the light on because i can't see my keyboard anymore) alright i'm back haha

look forward to continue seeing you around the boards and in chats :) xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Yo don't worry it took me a year to realize I never did it. Don't worry 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    @Laine Hehe I'm glad to find someone who shares my music tastes. Always a good sign! <3

So you like seeing the crime side but not the justice side by the looks. Err... are you sure I'm safe around you? hehehe jk

I live and breathe them. I havent gone a single day where I haven't watched one. In fact its getting to the point now where i'm actually running out of episodes to watch! (I've had a stockpile of around 24hr worth recorded on my tv box. They're recording as more episodes play but I'm watching them faster than they're coming!)

I never considered it either, until I watched a police dogumentary (See what I did there? :3). After that I just fell in love with police dogs. We have an alsatian here too so I'm well used to the larger dogs. You might have seen her in the pet pictures thread :)

Coach driver is a pretty nice idea. I personally wouldn't be able to deal with all the noise that comes with it day in day out but you just gotta like what you like, like I like diet coke... wait, wrong place. That advert's been on so much I swear it's haunting me!

Volunteering on the side is something I want to consider too. While I'm doing my HND I'm going to volunteer as a special constable, then when I get into the police I might work a side job in counselling if I get the chance. It's always nice to help people lol

years upon years of gaming have taught me to type without looking at the keyboard, so I don't really have that problem. I did have to stop for a moment to pause the road wars episode I'm watching though :sweat_smile:

Looking forwards to seeing you around too. I try to be around quite a lot cos I'm boring and have little else to do :3
    Abigail said:
    Yo don't worry it took me a year to realize I never did it. Don't worry 
    Eheh, I see. Glad it's only taken me a couple months then lol.

On a side note, you sound like mike with that 'yo' :3
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi there,

Welcome!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    edited November 2018
    LabraBell said:
    I completely forgot that the introduce yourself section even existed until today, so I figured I'd just post an intro here anyway. It's only 2 months late :sweat_smile:

I am 17 years old, female and pansexual. I have a relatively troubled past, but I try not to let it get in the way of me being who I am. 

In the future, I want to be a police dog handler. This way I can make use of my love for dogs as well as my passion for helping others, and do it all in a way that will satisfy my hunger for adrenaline and my hatred of monotonous tasks.

As a person I am very logical, but at the same time I'm very creative and enjoy drawing and writing poetry and fiction. I'm pretty good at adjusting my tone when writing too, so I try to use that to make people feel comfortable as I talk to them. You'll have to let me know if it works :p 

At this point in time, I am going through a few problems with my will to live. Having said that, I've recently come to realise that providing other people with support is my reason to keep going, and so I'm always happy to have a chat to you if you're struggling with anything. You'll see me around on the boards, or you can private message me, and I'll get back to you when I can. I thoroughly enjoy being able to support people, and it's a pleasure to me to be able to give them advice that they appreciate. 

I'm a quirky sort of person, always ready to make a joke or a pun, and always equipped with a sheepish smile :sweat_smile:. But if you need me to be serious, I will be, in a flash. 

My hobbies include drawing, writing, poetry, support and watching every kind of emergency services documentary I can find. I live off them. 999WYE, countryside 999, 999 on the front line, cops uk, brit cops, road wars, inside the ambulance, trauma, helicopter heroes, police interceptors, traffic cops, motorway patrol, nothing to declare, stop search seize... you name it, I've probably seen it. 

My favourite type of music is rock music. I love it. A lot. Linkin park, Black veil brides, Bring me the horizon, Fall out boy, Falling in reverse, Ghost, Incubus, Seether, All that remains, Bad wolves, Evanescence, Mushroomhead, Slipknot, Epica, You me at six, sleeping with sirens, 3 doors down, papa roach, disturbed, Stone sour, 3 days grace. I know a lot of bands. I also have an ear for songs with a lot of lyrical meaning. if you're going through a tough time, chances are I'll have a song that you can really relate to with that tough time.

That's all I can think of for now. Surprisingly it took me an hour to write this! 

But if you want to know any more about me I'm open to questions lol, and I look forwards to seeing you around on the boards or in support chats :D
    We are just like eachother by both liking emergency services documentaries
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    edited November 2018
    Kasa2103 said:
    LabraBell said:

Well that's nice to know @kasa2103; Although for me it's not liking them, as much as being obsessed xD
    LabraBell said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    LabraBell said:

Well that's nice to know. Although for me it's not liking them, as much as being obsessed xD
    Haha very funny. :P
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @LabraBell it's really nice to see your intro! Welcome to the boards! I'm a fan of emergency services documentaries too :) 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    We always learn something new each day. I learnt that @Aife loves emergency services documentaries too.
    @aife that's awesome to know. I'm surprised just how many people are into them now it comes to it :sweat_smile: