I need a little motivation thread

AidanAidan Clever idiotPosts: 1,124 Fanatical Poster
In another thread about my fitness goals, a great point came up:
Also, perhaps this is a different thread, but is there interest in pulling together a community playlist for motivating, whether it is exercising or anything else.

I think sometimes we all need a little bit of motivation, whether it's for small things we might think are stupid, or for the more daunting things in life.

You can share any quotes, or anything at all that you think might be motivating, as well as share your problems and anything you could use a little motivation with.

I hope this becomes a great space for swapping encouragement and reaching out.

Thank you, and I hope everyone is doing well (:

Aidan

3.6, not great, not terrible

Comments

• LaineLaine Horse hugger Posts: 1,229 Fanatical Poster
    Lovely thread @Aidan ! I'll be sure to share some in a Lil while x

I was just wondering @The Mix 
    Whether this would be best here or in positivity corner?  I'm still a newb at this so not sure haha 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"I will make you believe you are lovely!" ~ TOP

"No one else is dealing with your demons, meaning maybe defeating them could be the beginning of your meaning friend" ~ TOP

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 1,124 Fanatical Poster
    I was just wondering
    Whether this would be best here or in positivity corner?

I was considering this too, but seeing as a lack of motivation has to do with your well-being, I put it here. 

Also, overly positive motivation has never kept, at least, me motivated for long e.g. 'you can beat this nothing can stop you!', I've found motivation works best when it's genuine, when it's grounded in reality, when it encompasses the positives and the negatives e.g. 'this is going to be hard, but stick to it and you can overcome it' because sometimes we are beaten, we do make mistakes, but we can learn.

Not sure what anyone else thinks about that?

Lovely thread @Aidan ! I'll be sure to share some in a Lil while x

Thank you! I hope you're okay (:

That makes a lot of sense @Aidan  I totally get it :)

Not too bad, getting by xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"No one else is dealing with your demons, meaning maybe defeating them could be the beginning of your meaning friend" ~ TOP

As for what I need motivation with,  I guess it's hard because it's not like I need motivation to keep me on track more just I need motivation for confidence?  To keep me going because it's terrifying? :)

Some quotes and positive tidbits coming soon 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

• AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 1,124 Fanatical Poster
    There's no pressure to be more confident in yourself, although it can be a great thing to aim for in your own time, at your own pace. I know you're a strong person, and if you set your mind to anything you absolutely can achieve it if you believe you can.

Confidence is about knowing your capabilities, so someone doing something they are already capable of will of course be very confident. The real magic is doing something you don't know you're capable of, and still being able to believe in yourself anyway.

Having confidence isn't invulnerability, and doesn't mean you won't make mistakes- but, mistakes don't hold a confident person back, and the more they make mistakes, the more they will succeed on the lessons they learned from those mistakes.

If you make it your goal to be more confident, I think you can absolutely achieve that! It might take a long time, but if you stick with it through the lows, and find ways to push outside your comfort zone and prove your worth in more and more ways, you'll get their in the end (:

Make achievable milestones for yourself and take your time, I know slow progress can seem like no progress at all sometimes, so think of what you're fighting for and try your best to keep the end goal in sight.

Take care, 
    Aidan (:
    Laine
    Aidan said:
    There's no pressure to be more confident in yourself, although it can be a great thing to aim for in your own time, at your own pace. I know you're a strong person, and if you set your mind to anything you absolutely can achieve it if you believe you can.

Confidence is about knowing your capabilities, so someone doing something they are already capable of will of course be very confident. The real magic is doing something you don't know you're capable of, and still being able to believe in yourself anyway.

Having confidence isn't invulnerability, and doesn't mean you won't make mistakes- but, mistakes don't hold a confident person back, and the more they make mistakes, the more they will succeed on the lessons they learned from those mistakes.

If you make it your goal to be more confident, I think you can absolutely achieve that! It might take a long time, but if you stick with it through the lows, and find ways to push outside your comfort zone and prove your worth in more and more ways, you'll get their in the end (:

Make achievable milestones for yourself and take your time, I know slow progress can seem like no progress at all sometimes, so think of what you're fighting for and try your best to keep the end goal in sight.

Take care, 
    Aidan (:
    That's splendid advice, thanks Aidan! :)

I guess it's really hard with anxiety disorders because I feel like I have to battle my worst fear but like so many.

I'm trying my hardest to work on one at a time but I'm still discovering new fears every week.  It's like I'm terrified of everything?  I know I can do it,  but it will take some time xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈