Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Kindness

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited November 2018 in Positivity Corner
Heyy,

So thought could have a thread for how others have been kind to us or ways we have been kind for someone else, family member friend, stranger or anyone. Think would be lovely to read. 

The other day I was in Boots at the No7 make up part and someone gave me one of those voucher thingys that comes on with the boots receipt sometimes. maybe they didnt think that much of it - i think it was just lovely thing to do as its not something they needed to do but did anyway instead of like throwing in the bin or something. And i did actually use it.  
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by TheMix on
Tagged:

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    edited November 2018
    Today one of the girls in class gave me a chocolate lolly and a bag of haribo.

And I moved upstairs on the bus despite my anxiety of being up there so the old people could sit downstairs.

Small but lovely gestures :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    My sister sent me ‘love you’ last night in text message whch was quite nice. She says it to my face a lot but like a random text when i was about to go sleep was really nice and think she knew i wasnt feeling great yesterday 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Shaunie said:
    My sister sent me ‘love you’ last night in text message whch was quite nice. She says it to my face a lot but like a random text when i was about to go sleep was really nice and think she knew i wasnt feeling great yesterday 
    Sound lovely! Hope you sleep well tonight xo

I kept my mam company in the kitchen while she cooked, I was the DJ 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    Someone in the arcade the other day decided they didn’t want their tickets they collected and gave them to me, it was so lovely of them and I am so grateful for that. 

i bought my little brother a cookie he had been wanting to try for so long, because I love him so much I thought I would buy him the three pack.
    In the arcade, a lady was on her own and couldn’t stand by her machine and go and get the coins so I offered to go to the machine for her. 
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Yesterday I was crying in the queue at starbucks cause I was saying goodbye to my friends and not sure when ill see them again, and someone paid for my coffee, no idea who it was but it was so lovely :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Aw these are so lovely to read <3<3
  • CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    A colleague came round with a bag of sweets for us this afternoon!
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    My Friend is coming to support me at Albie funeral on Tuesday 💖
    and a kid at placement today ran up to me Gave me a hug and goes “Aimee I’ve missed you “ 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    My sister brang me up a hot chocolate this morning 😊
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    My team all had a long stressful day at work so one person bought us all coffees (Chai Latte for me, yum) and another shared her chocolate bar with all of us. Little things :smile:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    Random man give me his day rider for the bus. So didn’t have to pay or walk home 🙃 
    edited January 2019
    Only a small thing lol. But gave £1 to someone who was asking they need it for the bus. That was literally my last pound for this month lol. But Not including the money I’m borrowing of my sister ahah til next Friday . My sister is always like he asks everyone for bus money so never give it to him. But I mean I do anyway eventho I know he never gets on the bus but if he’s asking for one pound from people he clearly needs it. Hoping it’s not for drugs tho. 
    Made my sister sandwhichs for work tomorrow
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Don't know how I didn't notice this thread before, but these are so uplifting.

A friend of mine sent homemade vegan brownies in the post recently because they knew I was a bit stressed and worn down. :) 
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Knowing how much our family struggled with Money and not getting any financial support in college my CPLD teacher sent me a email saying she has arranged that college are going to pay for my resit because she wants me to have the opportunity to get the best possible grade 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Aw well my sister can be a right little shit. But she wrote this on the fridge for me. Cuteee

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I was walking my mom's dog today when I was about to pass a guy who had dogs himself (my mom's dog barks like mad at any dog or noise ever). So I stepped into the road so we could pass each other, and he was like, "I'll cross over and you go on the pavement" :blush: I don't know him but I pass him sometimes while on the route, super nice man.
    My older sister went home from work cause said she doesnt feel that well. So me and other sister are going to get the buses to go there and give her chocolates cause we are too cute. And give her company. And am actually quite excited to see her house since they have decrodated a room Tho did message her just in case she wants to be by herself and said can come round but she aint picking us up so is fine
    My colleague just said 'Bubbles, thanks for being Bubbles' (with my real name obviously haha) and honestly it's made me smile so much  =) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    A little random girl told me i look nice and "keep your style" Lol. Cute
    My new fav nurse just offered to nip out after her shift to pick me a few things up as my family and friends won't/can't bring stuff in for me 😊 
    ALl my validations in training. Is very cute and nice
    When I told the kids I was leaving today one little girl comes up to me gives me a hug and goes “me I going to miss you “
    People on my work expereince are so nic
    One of my colleagues who I'm actually kinda scared of 😂 called me brave and inspirational today cause of all the stuff I've been posting on social media this year to do with mental health awareness week and sexual violence awareness week 😊 
  • CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    One of my colleagues who I'm actually kinda scared of 😂 called me brave and inspirational today cause of all the stuff I've been posting on social media this year to do with mental health awareness week and sexual violence awareness week 😊 
    That's really lovely of them, and well done you for raising awareness.

Yesterday my friend's mum drove me to pick up a parcel so I didn't have to walk for it :)
    edited May 2019
    Someone from my training corse Just PM'd me this. She so lovely 

I was at work and a mum and two kids was c distressed because they lost their bag which had their car and house keys in - there only keys. So couldnt go anywhere til found them. I stayed with them til found them. And kept looking in customer services and in lost stuff. They was crying and made me wanna cry :(((. Maybe that was my job lol but felt like i was kind. Found it in the end ah
    Yesterday one of the chef's at work found out I care for mam and all the thing's I do for her, at the end of my shift I got called into the kitchen to find he had plated up food for me to take home for me and mam to save me cooking anything and to 'make life a bit easier' 👌😁 
    My sister did this a few weeks ago. V cute