Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you grateful of today?

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited October 2018 in Positivity Corner

I am grateful for @The Mix  

What are you grateful of today?

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by TheMix on
Tagged:

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I’m grateful for my young carers project 

we did somthing similar with the kids in preschool today and we asked them what are they thankful to god for and we got a lot of “Lego trains” 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    I am grateful for my brother today, who lives in New Zealand and I miss him :star:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    And I'm grateful for my dear friends here. :)
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Music and spotify
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Grateful to have things to be grateful about
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I am grateful for the boat getting in on time  =) even if they did wake us up at 6am  :'( 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    We are so grateful for Postre Hotel caterers and local bakery Gelabert Panaderia & Pasteleria for producing under contract savoury tarts, sweet cakes and buffet produce for our private hotel since our catering staff went sick. One couple went to hospital from a car accident so we had to get caterers in to feed our 40 guests. We've also got 2 bands to entertain tomorrow night, the weekend ll next week. Our weather being horrible means we are under obligation to our guests and not let them down even if it eats into our profits. Since I was up at 4 am, now I can return to bed!

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    Grateful for beautiful music and film. <3
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I am grateful for: @The Mix
    And all the mods for everything they do for others and me in the past 💕

I am also grateful for always having enough food to eat,  clothes to wear,  and a warm bed to always go to :)

I an grateful for one of my fav members of college staff who got me put in a better maths lesson and being there for ❤

I am grateful for my mam and everything she does for us despite the circumstances.

Lastly I am grateful for my partner who I adore with all my heart 💗 and the fact that I get to see him tomorrow x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    edited October 2018
    Really grateful i can see. Yesterday my eyes was really blurred, from somethin that happened, but was only blurred for screens & it was the worst & horrible. I honestly thought i was going blind
    Grateful for the LS team in college without them 
    A. I would of probably left college by now 
    B. My work wouldn’t make sense 
    C. I wouldn’t currently being assessed for a SpLD

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    I'm grateful to young Peggy for not only making such a delicious carrot cake this afternoon and brought it in o a trolley with a pot of tea for Soph and I, but also she prepared dinner for all our family, tidied up the kitchen and put away all the clean utensils.
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    I’m grateful that it is the weekend and that my parents are treating me to a lovely Greggs lunch x
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
    I am very grateful to Jose, the oldest son of the Spanish family we gave refuge at Sant Llorenç. Throughout yesterday he replaced the heavy terracotta barrel tiles our roof from last week's storms and also rebuilt our new greenhouse, reglazing it this morning with polycarbonate safety glass. Talented, polite and trustworthy, he's also very good at accounts so we decided to employ him full time and give him a car.

I’m grateful for a friend who knows I’m not doing grate so hasn’t organised a pj and movie session with friends I haven’t seen since I left high school 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    @Floxy @Thoughtsy @independent_ @The Mix Group chat. My lovely fleece. Sausages. A caring boyfriend.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    @Kasa2103 @Millie2787  @The Mix  @Laine @Aife @Mike @Thoughtsy also Sophie whom I'm engaged to, and my adorable ward, 11 year old Peggy or "Peggywegs" as she loves being called, my dear friend Kathryn from another board, also family and our children, but especially Sophie who wouldn't leave my side when I was admitted to hospital.

Also my lovely new hoodie, Boker Plus Rold for outdoor use, also British bangers and chips, ham egg and chips and mejool dates. Oh, and a gin & tonic will go nicely thank you. =)

edited October 2018
    Dogs!  <3<3<3<3<3 they have so much personality and show so much love <3 and Teddy warms my heart so much just always want to squish him and hug him all the time 😭😭😭🐶🐶🐶
    Aidan said:
    I find I'm not particularly grateful for anything, and that I take a lot of things for granted. Living like you automatically deserve things and have entitlements isn't particularly enjoyable, or fair, compared to working hard and earning it instead.

I'm grateful to this thread for reminding me of that.
    A very self aware comment! And great thing to realise. 

Think a lot of people are the same. I used to think “i dont enjoy anything in life” but then realised there are many things i would hate if was removed from my life
    A lovely GP who i had today who all throught the consulatiton kept me and ease 
    im grateful for GP who are like that 
    Shaunie said:
    Dogs!  <3<3<3<3<3 they have so much personality and show so much love <3 and Teddy warms my heart so much just always want to squish him and hug him all the time 😭😭😭🐶🐶🐶
    Definitely agree there!  Was having such a terrible time last night But my partners dogs cheered me up,  even if I couldn't use chat because the youngest laid on my laptop and licked my fingers while another cried 😂 

I am also super grateful for my partner as usual and the times I get to see him even if they are brief x

And @Millie2787
    For being there for me last night 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

something I am grateful of is my heater and hot drinks! so cold today and we've had snow showers :( 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Same day more gratefulness 😂

I'm super grateful for my partners mam helping to get my dog biscuit splinter out as I was too chicken to use the needle 😂 

Hoping it surfaces tomorrow to get out 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Today I am grateful for the lovely lady at the b&b I was at yesterday, my friend from school and gymnastics as I could use that as an excuse to get out the boring place me and my mum were at.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    For today: Childline
    I’m grateful for blankets today’s - our house if freezing and blankets are my saviour 💖
    Today I am deeply grateful to the friends who have stuck by me, during what has been such a difficult time.
    A warm house. its freezing outside :/
    My college besties and music 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

I am thankful for the security guy that went against protocol and took me out for smokes 😂 (we both realised I couldn't run anywhere with the shoes I was wearing)