Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I need to die (possible trigger warning)

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
edited October 2018 in Health & Wellbeing
Hey everyone. Today could have never been more shit. I was sitting with some year 7`s at break time and I mentioned about some year 10`s who bother me. I said that it is pointless to live and go through the hell. I went to class as the bell was about to go and my friends asked me if I was ok and I mentioned that it is pointless for me to live.
Here comes the trigger:
One of my science teachers heard me talking about it and she asked me what was wrong. I said that I`m fine but she didn`t believe me so forced me to talk about it. She told me not to do anything silly.

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Kasa2103 said:
    Hey everyone. Today could have never been more shit. I was sitting with some year 7`s at break time and I mentioned about some year 10`s who bother me. I said that it is pointless to live and go through the hell. I went to class as the bell was about to go and my friends asked me if I was ok and I mentioned that it is pointless for me to live.
    Here comes the trigger:
    One of my science teachers heard me talking about it and she asked me what was wrong. I said that I`m fine but she didn`t believe me so forced me to talk about it. She told me not to do anything silly.

Hey @Kasa2103 if you write something that could be a trigger to some people, then use the spoiler as shown here:
    Then they won't read it.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. :)
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Thank you. It will never be better
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    edited October 2018
    Kasa2103 said:
    Thank you. It will never be better
    You've got to try! Like I am, gonna be making a kite tomorrow from an old paperback called 'The Penguin Book of Kites' bought for just 1 cent + 2.88 eur shipping. The book is such fun! Get your Dad to buy it and get cracking!

Just don't fly it during thunderstorms or - DZZZZZZZT!  :joy:
    That`s cool. Thanks @Floxy
  • Invisible_meInvisible_me Posts: 138 The Mix Convert
    Kasa2103 said:
    Here comes the trigger:

Hi there,

I'm wondering how you are feeling after speaking about it? Did she help. If you would rather, it might be worth talking to someone you trust about it- that's the first step towards help and things getting better. It can be anyone- your parents/family, GP, Teacher at school and you can get your friend to help.

Often we go through days where we feel like that- but if you are feeling like that day in day out that's when it's worth trying to get help. And honestly, once you've found the right person it can really help!

Here when you need me.

Take care,

INmi

I can`t. She said not to do anything silly.
  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Hey @Kasa2103

Reassuring to see the immediate support that @Floxy and @Invisible_me have shown. You can get through this and hopefully by talking about it all everything will get a little bit easier :) 

I know you've said a lot already, but would you like to talk about what it is that the year 10s did to bother you? Completely cool if you don't want to answer for whatever reason btw. 

We all care about you <3
    Nobody cares. I`ll pm you. They want me dead.
    So find a gun and shoot me
    I'm never far away from you @Kasa2103 I always have your interests at heart. :)

Hi there,

You can do this... What she means by "don't do anything stupid" is essentially don't make an attempt to harm yourself. I hate the way they say it, and they shouldn't phrase it like that... but that doesnt' stop you from getting help?

You can do this! Hang on there,with your comments... Take it slowely.

Thank you.
    Kasa2103 said:
    Thank you.

Your welcome :) What's the update... THe community is here for you ,when you need..
    Shit week. Very embarrassed, upset and worried.
  • LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    edited November 2018
    You know we're all here for you @Kasa2103 :)

I know I'm a bit late with support regarding the original post but I figured I'd give you my input anyway, in case it helps.

Sometimes talking about your problems can help. If you'd asked me this three months ago, I'd have thought otherwise, but in my time with the mix I've definitely found that it does help.

However, it's not going to help if you don't want to talk about it and yet you're forced to. Usually your mind closes off and doesn't want to relive what you're saying because it knows that you'd just have more emotional struggles doing so.

The teacher's reason would probably be for safeguarding, so that she can comprehend how you're feeling and tell the correct people. Being in a position of power she would be bound to do that. But she should have recognised the signs of not wanting to talk about it, and respected it, so I think she was in the wrong there. 

But like I said, when you do feel up to it, it's always good to have a chat.

Whether that's just a casual conversation with someone you know, or a serious conversation with a professional: taking the emotions out of that bottle, even if only for a few moments, is always helpful. 

I don't know if you've seen it, or used it before, but I wanted you to know that you could always talk to Kooth about how you're feeling. I've not been there myself but I've heard from multiple sources that it's great for talking things through. I'm also considering going there myself but I haven't been able to bring myself to do so yet, for whatever reason.

Or if you'd prefer a casual chat, I'm here for you in PMs as you know, and I have some experience with how you're feeling too. So feel free to ask me and I can pass on some advice should you need it <3

In regards to how you're feeling today, do you want to talk about that?  Not going to force you of course, but like I said again, it really does help :P 

Hope you're okay.
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
    LabraBell said:
    You know we're all here for you @Kasa2103 :)

I know I'm a bit late with support regarding the original post but I figured I'd give you my input anyway, in case it helps.

Sometimes talking about your problems can help. If you'd asked me this three months ago, I'd have thought otherwise, but in my time with the mix I've definitely found that it does help.

However, it's not going to help if you don't want to talk about it and yet you're forced to. Usually your mind closes off and doesn't want to relive what you're saying because it knows that you'd just have more emotional struggles doing so.

The teacher's reason would probably be for safeguarding, so that she can comprehend how you're feeling and tell the correct people. Being in a position of power she would be bound to do that. But she should have recognised the signs of not wanting to talk about it, and respected it, so I think she was in the wrong there. 

But like I said, when you do feel up to it, it's always good to have a chat.

Whether that's just a casual conversation with someone you know, or a serious conversation with a professional: taking the emotions out of that bottle, even if only for a few moments, is always helpful. 

I don't know if you've seen it, or used it before, but I wanted you to know that you could always talk to Kooth about how you're feeling. I've not been there myself but I've heard from multiple sources that it's great for talking things through. I'm also considering going there myself but I haven't been able to bring myself to do so yet, for whatever reason.

Or if you'd prefer a casual chat, I'm here for you in PMs as you know, and I have some experience with how you're feeling too. So feel free to ask me and I can pass on some advice should you need it <3

In regards to how you're feeling today, do you want to talk about that?  Not going to force you of course, but like I said again, it really does help :P 

Hope you're okay.
    Thank you. I have actually used Kooth before which was good. I even have a weekly chat with Tor and she is great. I have also spoken to Hannah and a couple of other people.
    Aah I'm glad to hear it :D 

On that note, do you think you could explain how it works please? I'm intrigued :sweat_smile:
    I`ll send you a pm @LabraBell
    Got it. Thanks :D
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hope youre feeling okay today @Kasa2103
    we are here if you wanna talk about things a bit more :)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley