Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Flu Jabs

Are you getting yours? If you are susceptible to colds, or have diabetes or a condition that concerns your doctor, it would be wise to consult your GP and ask their advice.

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Is it flu jab season? 
    Am I eligible as I have asthma?  
    I should ask our nurses when I'm next free 😂

Thanks for the reminder Mandy I left it last year and was at extra risk because that flu was going around I never heard of 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Laine said:
    Is it flu jab season? 
    Am I eligible as I have asthma?  
    I should ask our nurses when I'm next free 😂

Thanks for the reminder Mandy I left it last year and was at extra risk because that flu was going around I never heard of 😂
    Since you have asthma you are automatically eligible for a flu jab, and it is possible your doctor's surgery will contact you. But to be sure to get the flu jab you MUST contact your nurse/healthcare team.

Influenza is dangerously virulent. Get protected soon

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Nope. Not eligible. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I am eligible, but this year i've not been able to have it done due to work commitments, however I usually always get it done every year around September time. 

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Gonna ring up they'll get me in after the 9th of October :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Laine said:
    Gonna ring up they'll get me in after the 9th of October :)
    I'm very glad and relieved for you! :)
    In the UK, flu jabs offered at doctors surgeries are free.
    Which I`m not
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Kasa2103 said:
    Which I`m not
    I'm surprised because I thought all young peeps qualified for flu jab, but you must be right. :)
    And I'm past that age now.
    My mum can't afford it for 3 people (me, her and my dad.) And she didn't bother at all last year or the year before or since about 2014 or even 2013.
    Kasa2103 said:
    My mum can't afford it for 3 people (me, her and my dad.) And she didn't bother at all last year or the year before or since about 2014 or even 2013.
    In the UK flu jabs are free on the NHS to those registered with a GP's surgery and these are freely available to those whose health needs it. Such as diabetics, people with cardiac and respiratoty problems. That was what I was saying.