Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Not sure what this means

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
This sometimes comes up when im using my mobile data but hasnt came up on my wifi (that i can remeber) so dunno , is it the website or something with my data. I dont get how going on TheMix’s link could be impersonating. Is it safe to use the site -  when this comes up?  So sorry to ask but like kinda confused & concerning as i still use the site when it says this so dont get where or what info goes. Do you know if Should not use it when it says this?

Does anyone else get this for any site? 

Sorry. I dont really use many other sites (expect for quick search) to know if its my phone or the link or something. 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Shaunie,

I get it sometimes when I'm using data,  bus Wi-Fi or or when my Wi-Fi has died. 
    I'm not sure of exactly why it occurs and hopefully Mike Ed or Aife can help just wanted to let you know I experience it too :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Thanks @Laine :)

is probably my data then 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Thanks for flagging this @Shaunie

We've passed this onto our tech team. We'll get back to you when we have an update :) 

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Be aware that whenever one is in a public area such as a cafe using WiFi, hackers and scammers could be operating nearby. All the more reason to subscribe to a VPN! 
    Ah yeah thanks floxy. Think might be that. 

But keeps happening today cause am out and not using wifi and am using my data. So i tried other sites and they was fine then went back to this this site and was still saying impersonating. 
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    An update on this: we reckon it might be to do with using public networks (e.g. café and bus WiFi) and mobile data. We won't go into technicalities because the stuff to do with certificates gets very techy, but the boards are safe to use and there's no reason to worry. :) You can go ahead and visit the site.

Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    edited October 2018
    Oh okay thanks. 

But how comes it kept saying it for this site but i went on others and was fine? Yet still kept saying it for this site ? Or too techy? Ah im sorry. Am sure is fine & safe but was wanting to go on donations page but i domt exactly feel comfortable  to put my bank card stuff in when its been saying this. /:
    Oh actually nevermind i will just do it on my laptop, (just incase lol. Not that i dont trust. Just get wary)
    . Thanks v much :)